GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I did a search and found nothing about the record breaking mileage of any one car. I reckon that it must be 200,000 miles but am unsure.

They seem rock solid, so if you own this car, share with us what repairs it needed?

Thanks,

QuickRick

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sparkie (a famous 2012) has well over 300000 trouble free miles

·
4,862 Posts
http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1579

329,392.16 miles and counting... ;)

The only repairs I've ever had to do on my own Volt have been warranty items, things I'd consider typical that can occur with a new car (and have with my Honda Civic too, etc.) but didn't occur again. The big "unknown" in Volts is the long term reliability of the battery/electric drive, but since those have an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty (and 10 year/150,000 mile in some places), you get pretty good peace of mind... well, maybe except for that 300,000 mile Volt, but he reports all is good. :)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,

It was a tougher search to do that I'd thought because we have range mileage and overall mileage to look at.

I think that 330K miles is flat amazing for Sparkie. Erick has got to be the expert on all things Volt with that much seat time under his belt.

For cars this good, why isn't the resale better than it is? I'm really happy that I got the incentives that I did or I'd be feeling kind of sad.

QR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts