GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
This can happen for a number of reasons but we need more information. What MY Volt do you have? If it's a Gen 1, the most common culprit is either the battery coolant level or the coolant sensor. Search the forum for WOT sensor for more information.

·
Registered
433 Posts
call OnStar and ask for the specific error codes and report back

·
Registered
4,855 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Don't ignore this error message. Take your Volt to the dealer as soon as possible. In addition to preventing charging of the high voltage battery this error condition will cause your 12V battery to not be charged and you will be stranded as soon as the 12V battery runs down.

More here: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?233881-Service-Battery-Charging-System-DTCs-P1F5A-P1F59-P0D26-P0D09-P1EBD-PIC6200-PIC6182/page8
"Service Battery Charging System" causes 12v to run down. "Service High Voltage Charging System" is different.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
"Service Battery Charging System" causes 12v to run down. "Service High Voltage Charging System" is different.
Thanks. In my experience with my 2017 the issue that is the root cause of the Service High Voltage Charging System error message will also affect the 12V charging. All due to a defective 15 amp fuse that like Jessica Rabbit is not really bad it was just made that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts