GM Volt Forum banner

HI, new to gm-volt

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Yipsan 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum, have read several post regarding the 2016 volt. I think the 2016 Volt is the best reliable and best valued electrified vehicle in the market today. I read and researched several hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles for the past several weeks.

I live and work in GA but have also another permanent house in Daytona Beach, FL. I'm interested ordering a new 2016 Volt through one of the California dealer. I would appreciate any guidance, tips and experience of people in my situation. I want to order new 2016 Volt from California have it shipped to Florida so that I can register/tag it in Florida.

Thanks in advance.

#3 · (Edited)
Hi there.
Welcome to the forum. I live in Ga, and ordered a 2016 from Rick Alpern (windchipper on the forum) at Keyes Chevy in California. I had it shipped and got it in November. (see my signature below) I was not aware that the 2016 cannot be ordered in Caifornia any more, but if the 2017 is out soon, it would make sense. The biggest reason I ordered from California instead of waiting is that I wanted to take advantage of the $7500 Federal Tax rebate (edit: actually it is a tax credit, you must have at least $7500 tax liability to get the full $7500) in the 2015 Tax season. One of the requirements is the car MUST be placed in service on or before 12-31-2016. Not bought, not in shipping, but placed in service. Tag and title can be done later.
Georgia does not have any special incentives for electric cars now, except the $200 EV plate that will let you drive solo in the HOV lanes, and use the HOT lanes free. (with valid Ga Peach Pass). If you do not live in Atlanta, these might not be of much intrest to you.
Thanks and welcome! The 2016 is awesome!
Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.