GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the Volts, to move up from my 07 prius with 112k miles on it since the battery acted weird one day[probably due to the extreme cold] and am torn between the various model years and various onstar offered with those years(looking forward to the iphone app; is it working better than some of the reviews I've read about it and horror stories of onstar?). Gm and it's incentives and price drops seems very hidden and hard to discover. It doesn't help that I am hours away from any dealers here in Marietta, OH!
Could I get opinions on a new 2012; $46,309 for $30k I have gotten offered- pro's and con's?
I'm spoiled with my real Nav and backup camera already and may only use about 4k of the tax credit or I'd get a used which I still may. we are on a fixed income and budget. no lease, though ....thanks

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
you have seen here in other threads that people are paying $32-$35 for new 2014s out the door, then subtract the tax rebate from that. Does the "new" 2012 have any miles at all. if not it sounds like a good deal- where and why has it been sitting for 2 years?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess they weren't willing to go below 32 until now. found another and their stuck at 34. I didn't see those other threads! Just read lane departure was new 2103, do you know what the best deal is for loaded ones are?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Not sure how new you want it... But I just picked up a loaded 13 for 26K with 10K miles on it.

Sent from the bushes... Outside your bedroom window...

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I guess they weren't willing to go below 32 until now. found another and their stuck at 34. I didn't see those other threads! Just read lane departure was new 2103, do you know what the best deal is for loaded ones are?
I have lane departure. It is entertaining, but I would not call it a must have item, If I am so sleepy/hypnotized that it actually alerts me to the fact that I'm drifting, then I am way to far out of it to be driving and I not sure it would break my road hypnosis. the front parking assist is useful though for finding wheel stop blocks in parking lots, and avoiding them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
may go used-looking for killer deal, though!
park assist was on that 12 , all I probably need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
read a 4 page post from last year! has anyone ever figured out if HD radio is available? what years/systems?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Theo and everyone. I'm new here as well and saw your thread. My wife and I just purchased a Certified Pre Owned 2012 w/ 20k miles on it through a dealer here in NC. We would have gone new but we were on a budget as well. This one is loaded with everything but the Nav system. Although I do wish it had that, we have no regrets and absolutely love it so far. I think either way you go...new or used, you will probably be happy. I know we are.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello Theo and everyone. I'm new here as well and saw your thread. My wife and I just purchased a Certified Pre Owned 2012 w/ 20k miles on it through a dealer here in NC.
Welcome!
Can you share the list price and the price paid please? I want to find a 2012 with low miles.

Not sure I can plug in at current condo residence. But that is a whole different thread. :-\

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I saw some certified pre owed for 22 with 10k miles . still trying to talk myself out of buying but got an email for another summit white with the green inserts for 16k off msrp and it is only a couple hours away compared to the diamond one.
has the arizona emissions though. anyone know what it means ?
EMISSIONS OVERRIDE, FEDERAL (for vehicles ordered by dealers in Federal emission states with (YF5) or (NE1) emissions - Not required for vehicles being shipped to Arizona, California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington) (Requires (YF5) California state emissions requirements or (NE1) Arizona, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington state emissions requirements.) (NC7)
EMISSIONS, ARIZONA, CONNECTICUT, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OREGON, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT AND WASHINGTON STATE REQUIREMENTS (NE1)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just be sure you know the differences between the model years.

I think 2013 gives a few more miles range, hold mode, and an additional Very cold setting for mandatory gas engine running in cold weather. Some can correct me if I'm wrong. 2014 has a manual charge cap. I think some interior buttons are different at some point in the model line. Also the black hatch back thing I think is 2011?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just be sure you know the differences between the model years.

I think 2013 gives a few more miles range, hold mode, and an additional Very cold setting for mandatory gas engine running in cold weather. Some can correct me if I'm wrong. 2014 has a manual charge cap. I think some interior buttons are different at some point in the model line. Also the black hatch back thing I think is 2011?
I know 2 of the differences between the '13s and '14s...new for '14 is the standard leather wrapped steering wheel and manual pop open charge port from the outside. Woot!

I know one difference between the '12s and '13s...new for '13 is they always default to 8amps if you manually program it to 12amps for quicker overnight charge charge, after it's done charging once cycle, of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts