GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Mary. I bought a 2014 Chevy Cruze in July 2014. I "settled" for the cruze thinking I couldn't afford a Volt...the car I really wanted! I sent my husband in to get my oil changed and he talked to the salesman about an awesome deal on a 2015 Volt! I figured, what could it hurt to check it out! Anyway, I absolutely LOVE my new 2015 Volt, I am happy to be here on the forum as I hope to learn some things about my new car!

Sign me "broke" but got an awesome car!:D

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy!

It's hard to explain how much joy there is in not going to gas stations, LOL.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
...and there are many of us here, who, after we got one...then we got another

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congratulations Mary but I don't like you. You have the car with the range I want on my 2011 MY!

Seriously, I hope you enjoy the car as much as many here have. It's an awesome quite, smooth, and responsive ride. Not having to go to the gas station is also a big plus. You don't realize what an awful shopping experience a gas station is until you don't have to do it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congratulations! Yay for you!

·
Registered
679 Posts
All I can say is the Volt saved me more than $400 per month in Gas costs. About the same as a payment, so really is not that expensive when you do the math.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations, Mary and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome and congratulations Mary! I suspect you will become as addicted to the EV experience as the rest of us.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the forum and you will love the car. Later aceinsp

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all of you for such a nice welcome! Trust me...I am already in love with this car. I am addicted to getiing as good of mileage as possible in EV mode, the stars all aligned for me one time and I went 51 miles. I was so excited I was jumping up and down when telling my husband, (who screws my mileage up every time he drives it!)....He's now been banned after forgetting to plug it back in after running to the store the other night! LOL, but that gave me the opportunity to see how many miles a gallon of gas would take me, although I didn't use anywhere near a gallon during my commute, it had just turned .6 gal and I had 23.2 miles on it so I guess that would make it pretty close to 40 MPG when using the ICE.
My little Chevy Cruze was nice and fun to drive but there is NO comparison between the two cars...and honestly I was only kidding when I claimed to be broke from the money spent, I feel I got the deal of a lifetime on my Volt because I bought it used with 3400 miles on it. Oh and yeah....I love driving past the gas stations!!

Smiling in my shiny silver Volt,

Mary
....and the yifi hotspot is awesome!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Smiling in my shiny silver Volt,

Mary
....and the yifi hotspot is awesome!
Another happy Volt owner! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
...and honestly I was only kidding when I claimed to be broke from the money spent,....
That's good, 'cuz the next step is to install a 240V EVSE. It really transforms the experience, and you don't have to be mad at hubby for forgetting to plug in since it charges much faster.

Most of us recommend Clipper Creek: http://www.clippercreek.com/

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think using the charger supplied does quite well. 240v EVSE is pricy and not really needed by most folks with short drives. Later aceinsp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts