GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you have a Bolt and a Volt. I just ordered a Bolt and will trade in my Gen II Volt in January.

My question is: Is the Bolt's HVAC system similar to the Volt's HVAC? I always felt that the system on Volts are overly complicated and just wondered if the Bolt has the same setup.

Thanks for your response.

·
Administrator
20,116 Posts
Congrats, USe-car! The thing with the Volt is we all try to maximize it's battery range. Initially, this leads to trying to use the Eco heat setting which is inadequate for cold weather. Windows fog. Comfort is less efficient but gets the job done, as does raising the fan speed and using the defroster.

With the Bolt EV, there is so much battery range that you simply forget it's an electric car. No need to try to eke out an extra 1/2 mile of range. Turn on the heat and fan full blast if you want. The heated steering wheel is nice, as is the heat for the rear seats.

We really enjoy the Bolt and prefer driving it over the Volt. Still love the Volt though.

I have also used the Premier's roof rails more than once coupled with Thule cross bars. The last time for bringing home two 32" x 68" sheets of tempered glass for two sliding doors I built (mortise & tenon oak frames around the glass).

Anyway, I think you'll find the Bolt's capabilities an improvement in many areas.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Congrats on the upcoming Bolt EV!

In my opinion, the Bolt EV's climate control system is much easier to use than the Volt's. The Volt's system is overly complicated, and when I've gone back to using it after driving my Bolt EV for so long, I can barely figure it out on the Volt.

One cool thing about the Bolt EV's climate system is that the details are always viewable on the Infotainment screen. So you have instant information, touch screen buttons, and hard control buttons below. It's very straightforward.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I know that you have a Bolt and a Volt. I just ordered a Bolt and will trade in my Gen II Volt in January.

My question is: Is the Bolt's HVAC system similar to the Volt's HVAC? I always felt that the system on Volts are overly complicated and just wondered if the Bolt has the same setup.
It can be complicated if you let yourself fret into making it so. Or you could just put it on "auto everything" at a comfortable temperature, in which case the only thinking you need to do is to remember to push the preconditioning button before you want to leave. Will you lose a little range? Maybe. But it won't make a BIG difference and you'll be both serene and comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts