GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*tap tap tap* hello ... Is this thing on?? I realize you check the newly signed up... But how long does that take ? I sent a long intro post last night & it's almost 3/4 of a day later & nada zip zilch to be seen. I'm expecting this to get stuck too, but that's ok it's for you more than the general forum membership. C'mon folks at most 12 hours... I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother checking back...

Signed a new member, old hand at forums...

Ned

·
8,680 Posts
Not sure where you live that 13 hours is 3/4 of a day, but if it makes you feel better, I had to wait two days on my first post, which resulted in the conservation I joined to have pretty much dying before I got to participate.

·
Administrator
618 Posts
*tap tap tap* hello ... Is this thing on?? I realize you check the newly signed up... But how long does that take ? I sent a long intro post last night & it's almost 3/4 of a day later & nada zip zilch to be seen. I'm expecting this to get stuck too, but that's ok it's for you more than the general forum membership. C'mon folks at most 12 hours... I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother checking back...

Signed a new member, old hand at forums...

Ned
Hey there,

Looks like your posts were all sorted out.

Members posts are manually approved at first as a spam prevention measure. The mod/admin staff is made up mostly of volunteers and they work hard with all of the tasks that are required.

We apologise for the wait, but glad to see you're up and running now.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
While I appreciate the frustration of the members joining the forum, I certainly realize what the moderators and administrators are up against. The people approving the posts and largely running the show here are all volunteers and have lives outside of the forum.

I am an admin on a forum for the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky and I, like the good folks here do it for the love of the platform and to help the community as a whole.

Be patient with these people, they'll do what is necessary as fast as they can and you can thank those same people for keeping the forum spam free. We've all seen what a forum looks like when it get inundated with spammers and it's not pretty.

Thanks to the people that run this place, it can be a big job, trust me on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts