Mine is: 1G1RA6S50HU101276

2017 Volt Purchased 3/2016 Omaha.

Thanks,

JimmyVolt-Omaha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The label inside the driver door sill will give you the month and year. A more detailed search against your VIN will give you the day.

My car was built first week of march with the last 8 digits of HU103085. So your car was built 2-3 weeks before mine.
Thanks for the info.. looked for a label on the drivers door, and only had one for the tires there....

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Thanks for the info.. looked for a label on the drivers door, and only had one for the tires there....
It should have a label something like this. There is a section that states date (in this case July 2015). Note this picture is from a pre-production 2016 that GM Canada brought out for us to look at.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
There should have been another one there right next to the tire sticker on the outside of the door frame. It is gray and white with a lot of little GM logos on it. The date of manufacture is in the upper left corner.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Having a single date is rather meaningless. It take several weeks if not a month or more to manufacture a Volt from sheet metal, glass, plastic, lithium and paint to a complete car. The date on the sticker could be the date final assembly was complete or when the sticker was printed out or any other of 50 relevant dates.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It should have a label something like this. There is a section that states date (in this case July 2015). Note this picture is from a pre-production 2016 that GM Canada brought out for us to look at.

AHA... I was looking in the wrong spot, I found that sticker. Mine shows date of 2/16

Thanks Everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts