GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"...could help Hertz weather the transition of its fleets from gasoline models to hybrid plug-in and all-electrics. In late 2010, the company announced plans to rent electric vehicles (EVs) by the hour to customers in densely populated urban areas and campuses."

Rented by the hour? Sounds like it would be expensive. But its another sign that electric vehicles are going mainstream.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/10/hertz-solar-rooftops/

·
3,689 Posts
Every little bit helps.

I think people will love to try an EV and will be surprised that they are not just golf carts anymore.

The Volt may be too complicated to rent for a while but slowly the information will get around. Maybe much faster if oil prices continue to do what they have been doing.

If Lyle got an average of over 100 miles per gallon the way he drove, just about anyone can. That data must be communicated to the masses, once GM is ready to crank up the volume.

·
Administrator
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, another way to get the word out. On a busines trip to Houston years ago, my rental turned out to be one of those new-fangled Prius things. I thought it was fun to get to drive one of these new hybrids. If not for that, I don't know if I would have ever driven one. Rental cars are a great intro opportunity for a new car.

·
3,689 Posts
I agree, another way to get the word out. On a busines trip to Houston years ago, my rental turned out to be one of those new-fangled Prius things. I thought it was fun to get to drive one of these new hybrids. If not for that, I don't know if I would have ever driven one. Rental cars are a great intro opportunity for a new car.

If GM ever gets to the point where they are looking for customers for the Volt then they should use this marketing strategy.

Take a Volt home for a week. Try it out, write down the numbers and then bring them back to see how the Volt did on your normal weekly drive.

I think most people would be delighted by what they find. There is so much misinformation about EVs and the Volt out there that the best way is just to hand over the keys and tell them to see for themselves.

When you have a great product, that is all the marketing you need and the Volt is a great product.

"Go try every other car on your list for a week. Then try the Volt."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts