1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
923 Posts
My only guess would be range is expressed in miles only. The Vauxhall is sold in the U.K.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Definitely a nice commercial. Can't imagine why it would be banned, though.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
It was apparently banned because of a missleading claim.

The add apparently leads people to think the car goes 360 miles on electricity. While this is technically true as even in charge sustain the car is electrically driven. The courts in the UK claimed this is missleading.

Vauxhall did respond saying they will modify the add.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That commercial made me want to order a Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

They did say (18 seconds in) that the comparison is based on electric vehicles and range extended electric vehicles even when a secondary power source was creating the electricity. I had to pause it to even read that. I think they need to test that with a Nissan Leaf, towing a generator and a 40 gallon gas tank.

·
Registered
94 Posts
could anyone be stupid enough to buy a volt thinking it can go 360 miles on battery based on this ad?
I liked the ad. I'll bet the regulators caved to GM-haters political pressure. So add "combination of battery and onboard gas generator" or something.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
could anyone be stupid enough to buy a volt thinking it can go 360 miles on battery based on this ad?
I liked the ad. I'll bet the regulators caved to GM-haters political pressure. So add "combination of battery and onboard gas generator" or something.
So... This Volt ad was banned... But the current round of presidential political advertisements that LIE about everything on both sides... Are OK?

Kinda makes me wonder...

·
Registered
387 Posts
guest what !!!! this car is so amazing ! that it will destabilize the big good oil company SAME REASON HERE THAT U DON'T SEE THAT MUCH GOOD COMMERCIAL ADD ON TV ! VOLT IS THE ANTICHRIST OF BIG OIL AND FOX NEWS WATCHER ..... period

·
Registered
923 Posts
So... This Volt ad was banned... But the current round of presidential political advertisements that LIE about everything on both sides... Are OK?

Kinda makes me wonder...

Good point, but this is Europe were talking about.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It was apparently banned because of a missleading claim.

The add apparently leads people to think the car goes 360 miles on electricity. While this is technically true as even in charge sustain the car is electrically driven. The courts in the UK claimed this is missleading.

Vauxhall did respond saying they will modify the add.
Mabe some BP oil money is floating around in the UK court system.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks MrEnergyCzar for your thread. Personally I think the ad is misleading. For most of us who have a Volt we understand how the vehicle operates. This is absolutely not case for the general public.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like the ad except for the range claim. I feel it is misleading, and I do think people would be confused about that being EV range. There are EVs that approach a reasonable fraction of this range, and people really don't know much about EVs. GM shouldn't be misleading, they should be informative and educating.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Misleading(which it is) or not, GM needs to get whoever made that ad to make an ad for the Volt here in North America. The 2012 ad that they always run here sucks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ars, I liked the Alien ads. Really fun.

http://youtu.be/JVQtoeTiIyM
I agree, the alien ad is good, but they don't show it here. The one they show here is really lame and stupid, half of the ad is spent on showing random people(not even random people with the Volt, just random people by themselves) and some dude with funky hair, all of this backed by a really annoying and cheesy song.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts