GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=exportselectedwm3u

Like a lot of Volt owners, I've struggled to find an easy way to transfer my iTunes playlists onto a USB drive and get them to work. I thought I'd share this simple to use and free solution from dougscripts. I've never used Applescripts on my Mac before, but his instructions are clear and easy to follow. Basically, once the script is installed, you just highlight the list of songs you want and then click on the script icon at the top of the screen and the rest is self explanatory. I've used this with the latest iTunes version 11.0.5 and it works flawlessly. While he doesn't charge for this, I donated via Paypal. He did a nice job putting this together and it's saved me hours of frustration!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
All I did is drag the iTunes library from inside Finder to the USB memory stick I had mounted. Bingo all my MP3's on a 16GB USB stick that I used to upload to the HD in my Volt and CTS-V.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All I did is drag the iTunes library from inside Finder to the USB memory stick I had mounted. Bingo all my MP3's on a 16GB USB stick that I used to upload to the HD in my Volt and CTS-V.
When I transfer playlists without a m3u file, it put the songs in some random order.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Same for me. I have mine in folders with the name of Artist/Band along with album names as subfolders and I can search by artist or song. The OP is talking about Playlist, which I don't really deal with. And of course all my songs are mp3 format.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same for me. I have mine in folders with the name of Artist/Band along with album names as subfolders and I can search by artist or song. The OP is talking about Playlist, which I don't really deal with. And of course all my songs are mp3 format.
That's correct. It's easy to drag album folders over. I have plenty of those. It's the playlists that can be difficult using iTunes.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I usually just select RANDOM so my 4500+ song library is like an on board XM station. So I don't worry about Play Lists. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've been using your script for a few weeks now and it's PERFECT!

Thank you so much for providing a solution to playlists on a USB drive! I was using my iPhone before but the Volt jumbles everything up, duplicates songs, triplicates songs, etc.

Your solution is wonderful.

-Drew

G

·
It is hard to put iTunes playlists to USB Drive for playing only because it is all DRM-protected, hence I seek the way to make iTunes playlists and Apple playlists playable on USB drive so, I met TuneFab Apple Music Converter. So far so good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Due to the DRM protection, it is not easy to play spotify songs on USB in car. That is becasue Spotify songs are usually for online streaming. If you'd like to get the Spotify songs offline, you can follow this tips to get the Spotify songs offliny by DRmare software.
drmare.com/spotify-music/transfer-spotify-music-to-usb.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
To put iTunes playlists to a USB drive using a Mac, the best way I'm using is to get help with AudFree Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music, iTunes playlists to MP3 or other compatible files by USB drive.
After that, I will connect my USB to my Mac via USB cable and put iTunes audio files to a USB drive for playback without a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts