GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SpaceX Falcon Heavy goes vertical with Musk’s Tesla as launch nears

After approximately half a decade of concerted and less-than-patient waiting, long-time followers of SpaceX have, for the first time ever, seen SpaceX’s first completed Falcon Heavy rocket roll out to the launch pad and go vertical at the same complex that hosted every single Apollo moon landing, LC-39A.
Here’s Elon Musk’s Tesla Roadster ready for its Mars-bound voyage

Earlier this month, Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced that SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy will have a payload on its maiden launch that will be none other than his very own Cherry Red Tesla Roadster. Musk fans were convinced that the SpaceX CEO’s tweet was a mere joke, but as it turns out, however, the serial tech entrepreneur was dead serious about sending his prized Roadster on a Mars-bound voyage.
You thought he was kidding didn't you?

P.S. For the Tesla news starved, here's your page: https://www.teslarati.com/category/news/

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
You are a bit premature with "Here it Goes"...since the Falcon Heavy is still on the pad and has not headed into space since...SpaceX unveiled the plan for the Falcon Heavy to the public at a Washington DC news conference in April 2011, with initial test flight expected in 2013.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are a bit premature with "Here it Goes"...since the Falcon Heavy is still on the pad and has not headed into space since...SpaceX unveiled the plan for the Falcon Heavy to the public at a Washington DC news conference in April 2011, with initial test flight expected in 2013.
Teslarati said:
All things considered, SpaceX is clearly moving full speed ahead with Falcon Heavy’s launch preparations, and it seems highly probable that the company’s schedule will allow for January launch, even if minor issues mean that multiple WDRs or static fires are required.
Well we'll see soon enough I guess. I really hope it does't go Mark Zuckerberg. I don't think NASA will let them leave it on the pad indefinitely. I just wish I could see it on Mars. Maybe the rover will be close enough to get some photos or video? That would be cool - a roadster on the surface of Mars.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Well we'll see soon enough I guess. I really hope it does't go Mark Zuckerberg. I don't think NASA will let them leave it on the pad indefinitely. I just wish I could see it on Mars. Maybe the rover will be close enough to get some photos or video? That would be cool - a roadster on the surface of Mars.
You've seen Heavy Metal - Soft Landing too many times...:)

His roadster will look more like this...

·
Registered
197 Posts
And the point of this thread relevant to tesla is?
Oh, I know!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
And the point of this thread relevant to tesla is?
Oh, I know!
Just another example of Elon Musk attempting to divert attention from ALL of the UNFULFILLED PROMISES HE's MADE...:(

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh really!
Care to elucidate on your methods?
It's your methods that bear out the truth Bluesideup. Just as with The Wayfaring Stranger/Thirsty Dog/Sisters of Mercy the one thing you can't escape is your own compulsion. That and you conveniently show up knowing all that has transpired, despite being on a hiatus, and right after your other account was banned. Too many coincidences there Bluesideup.

Here we have an innocuous thread and you're here anyway. You just can't help yourself.

Don't let me leave out your comment yesterday disrespecting GM and praising Tesla. It's all too easy.....

Just another example of Elon Musk attempting to divert attention from ALL of the UNFULFILLED PROMISES HE's MADE...:(
On the upside, there's a chance he'll keep this one. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's your methods that bear out the truth Bluesideup. Just as with The Wayfaring Stranger/Thirsty Dog/Sisters of Mercy the one thing you can't escape is your own compulsion. That and you conveniently show up knowing all that has transpired, despite being on a hiatus, and right after your other account was banned. Too many coincidences there Bluesideup.

Here we have an innocuous thread and you're here anyway. You just can't help yourself.

Don't let me leave out your comment yesterday disrespecting GM and praising Tesla. It's all too easy.....:D
!!!!!.............?????

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least The Wayfaring Stranger gave it a few weeks between his compulsive activities, and was for the most part polite. That's another consistent clue - general behavior.

·
Registered
197 Posts
????.......!!!!!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
These threads are making me pine for the days of the Mountain Mode wars. I wonder where the Ninja is now?

At least the combatants were all in the Volt family.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
It's not hard to tell when someone is using 2 screen names Blue.
In this case, I think you are incorrect...Foxtrot just seems to have consumed more of the Tesla Koolaid than the average EV enthusiast...but NOT as much as Blue had...:)

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr Dave do you know if the TESLA in Mars will have a full autonomous drive ?
LOL - that's funny! Maybe if it collides with the Mars rover there would be a hybrid of the two.

In this case, I think you are incorrect...Foxtrot just seems to have consumed more of the Tesla Koolaid than the average EV enthusiast...but NOT as much as Blue had...:)
Too many coincidences. I've seen this game before.

I know Thirsty Dog was The Wayfaring Stranger because he told me so. Not that it was all that hard to tell. He always wanted to debate climate change.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
LOL - that's funny! Maybe if it collides with the Mars rover there would be a hybrid of the two.

Too many coincidences. I've seen this game before.

I know Thirsty Dog was The Wayfaring Stranger because he told me so. Not that it was all that hard to tell. He always wanted to debate climate change.
ISP numbers related to posts would tell the tale...in the case of TD and WS their posts were a constant drumbeat...:)

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ISP numbers related to posts would tell the tale...in the case of TD and WS their posts were a constant drumbeat...:)
I'm hearing the same tune once again. ;) We'll just watch as before.

I actually liked Thirsty as a person. He was just a lonely guy with a very active mind, needing some attention (more than I had time for). He had a violently paranoid side when he perceived a threat though which I didn't find out about until later from another member. He kept that side out of the public view pretty well.

P.S. The main problem with the using the IP is that the vast majority of users use dynamic IP, meaning a user’s IP address today may not be the same one tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts