GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who designed this thing and did no one test it? Ok, so the problem is that the pocket is flat. Anything that is round or small falls into the glove box door jam and you can't then close it.

Anybody have a solution for this?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I stuff everything in a GALLON sized ZIP LOCK bag. I know exactly where everything is.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yep, it is a terrible design on the Gen 2...

Who designed this thing and did no one test it? Ok, so the problem is that the pocket is flat. Anything that is round or small falls into the glove box door jam and you can't then close it.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I stuff everything in a GALLON sized ZIP LOCK bag. I know exactly where everything is.
I do that, too. Almost every car has that problem, unless they only put real gloves in them which don't slide back.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I must say that the Volt 1 glove box is the worst of any car I have owned, and I have owned a lot of cars. However, it is low on my list of priorities. I put my insurance info in there and maybe a couple of other small items.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, the glove box sucks really bad. I wish there was some kind of solution, because it's practically useless the way it was designed. It's a good thing that the rest of the car is so good.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I admit that I needed a little bit of a climb up the learning curve to stow a ball-point pen in with the papers and my data sheet and have it where I put it the next time I opened the box. But, after that.... I don't see what the big deal is. Close the lid slowly and all will be good. My comment applies to gen 1 design.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It goes with the premium leather owners manual pouch.:)
In other words, the plastic baggy.

I keep a pen in the cell phone slot next to the shifter. Registration and proof of insurance in the glove box. Gosh - now that we don't need paper maps any more, that is about it. Even gas receipts are a thing of the past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts