GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I will be putting my 2014 Volt for sale in a few weeks and I wanted to see if the form can chime in on how to price it. KBB is giving me a $11K to 13K range (selling as a private party, good condition) and I was planning to sell it via Craigslist (sold a couple of cars there and it was smooth).

The car details are below, please chime in if you have any suggestions on what price to list on Craigslist and what would be a solid price that'd make both the buyer and the seller happy.

Thanks!

~tramvaj

=========
Car Detail
=========

Model: 2014 Chevrolet Volt
Purchased: Late October 2013
Mileage: 70,500
HOV Sticker: Expires 12-31-2018
Ownership: Sellers the the first owner
Drive pattern - Electric vs Gas - Mpg: 99 mpg (as displayed today)
Interior Condition: Exceptional, no issues (haven't had any significant issues since the purchase)
Exterior Condition: Very good, some minor shallow bumper scratches, a small crack on a left turn signal, new tires
Mechanical Condition: No issues
Color: Gray
Packages:
- Premium Trim Package (leather upholstery and heated front seats)
- Enhanced Safety Package 1 (reverse view camera and rear parking assist sensors)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You could always bring it down to Carmax and let them appraise it. That would give you a basic starting point.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
11-13K sounds about right. I bought my '13 a couple years ago privately and paid 10.5K. The mileage was a bit higher at 93K. It was fully optioned except paint (standard black) and also included a new set of tires less than 6 months old. When I checked the KBB, it came in around 10-12K so I got it in that general range. Mine also included the balance of a GMPP which was the deciding factor and why I really didn't hesitate on buying one with higher mileage and so close to the end of the powertrain warranty. It did have heavy gas usage (37 mpg lifetime) and Onstar indicated about 70K was done on gas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@JuneBug and @freshcut - thanks for chiming in. I'll list it and let's see where this takes me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts