GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the Volt and am trying to figure out the details about the Power Gauge.
I’ve looked at some helps online and a little blurb in the manual but I’m not yet quite
sure how to use this gauge.
On the left is the battery, on the right is the engine. The colors seem to flow
like water left to right or right to left, and up or down. What does this mean? :eek:

For example:

1) What does the color green mean and what does the color yellow mean?
2) When the color flows to the left, what does it mean and when the color flows to the right, what does that mean?
3) When the color flows down to the lower left of the gauge, what does that mean? :confused:

Thanks anyone for any help you may provide.

-simmer

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I’m new to the Volt and am trying to figure out the details about the Power Gauge.
I’ve looked at some helps online and a little blurb in the manual but I’m not yet quite
sure how to use this gauge.
On the left is the battery, on the right is the engine. The colors seem to flow
like water left to right or right to left, and up or down. What does this mean? :eek:

For example:

1) What does the color green mean and what does the color yellow mean?
2) When the color flows to the left, what does it mean and when the color flows to the right, what does that mean?
3) When the color flows down to the lower left of the gauge, what does that mean? :confused:

Thanks anyone for any help you may provide.

-simmer
1. Green means you're regenerating power--feeding energy back into the battery. Yellow means you are using power from the battery.

2. Green on the left means you're charging the battery as I mentioned above. You won't see any green on the right side because you can't regenerate gasoline. So, the battery is on the left, and the engine is on the right.

3. Once again, it means the car is using the generator to slow you down and charge the battery at the same time. That's regen.

In your picture, it shows that the engine is powering the car, and charging the battery too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.