GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes! I've been waiting for months because local sunroof installer (supposedly quite good) said Webasto was shipping out sunroofs in October.

Now he says they are leaving the aftermarket sunroof business.

I can't deal without a sunroof... I'm a skies wide open type and get claustrophobic in a car with a roof. Just got the 2013 in May knowing I could get a sunroof cut into it. Pandemic means I haven't driven it much anyhow but planned to hold onto this car til it dies...

Does anyone have ideas for how I can get a sunroof in this car??

I'll make calls, I don't care...if you know good shops in your area, please advise.

Much gratitude to all...

· Administrator
23,396 Posts

· Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update, for those who may read later.

Called Webasto, and they are out of the aftermarket sunroof business.

The only remaining option is Signature Sunroof, and they apparently have a long history (with name changes), back to the 1950s.

The Volt requires a slide on top sunroof, as opposed to an inbuilt, and Signature is not making those anymore, so it´s a race to get one in soon. I believe I´ve found an installer with some older models around.

Wish me luck! It's a huge commitment, cutting a big hole in the roof! But lordy, I miss the open skies.

· Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
60 Posts

· Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my gosh you are the BEST!! Firstly, my Volt is also blue: nice!

Secondly, I was about to give up and go with a Signature installer tomorrow at noon, although I have been feeling a bit unsure about both the roof and the installer. Now I can call your folks tomorrow early before deciding.

Just in the nick of time! Thank you so much for this!

· Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my Webasto 322L sunroof, thanks to the excellent referral by @Chris_V . Paymer & Phillips was excellent. I feel so fortunate to have gotten this just in time! The roof of the Volt feels so low otherwise (it's the only thing I don't like about the car, as I prefer a more upright shape). But the sunroof makes all the difference: no longer feels claustrophobic in there. Fantastic!

Unfortunately Webasto is indeed leaving the aftermarket sunroof business, though they will continue to provide parts for those already installed, and will continue in the OEM market.

Signature is the other main aftermarket sunroof manufacturer in the U.S., and apparently they only make in-built sunroofs, which won't fit in a Volt. So it was now or never. Thank you, @Chris_V !!

· Administrator
23,396 Posts
Congrats, you have a rare Volt now. Based on postings here, I suspect there are only a handful that have a sunroof.

· Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
60 Posts
Excellent news! I'm glad they were able to help you out. I love mine, and love the fact that it can be opened at speed with no buffeting inside. And that it looks factory on the inside.

· Registered
1 Posts
Yikes! I've been waiting for months because local sunroof installer (supposedly quite good) said Webasto was shipping out sunroofs in October.

Now he says they are leaving the aftermarket sunroof business.

I can't deal without a sunroof... I'm a skies wide open type and get claustrophobic in a car with a roof. Just got the 2013 in May knowing I could get a sunroof cut into it. Pandemic means I haven't driven it much anyhow but planned to hold onto this car til it dies...

Does anyone have ideas for how I can get a sunroof in this car??

I'll make calls, I don't care...if you know good shops in your area, please advise.

Much gratitude to all...
Hi i have one that im selling from my truck its a spoiler sunroff wabasto .make an offer worka perfect just crashed truck sow .let me know 520 2784647

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.