GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make an announcement today that with the support of good friends and close fellow Volt owners, my creative agency and I are seriously getting geared up to make my 1st short film titled "EV Wars". Now many of you may not know me, but I'm the guy that organized the Southern California Labor Day Pool Party & BBQ in Rancho Santa Fe (which was amazing). I deliberately wanted to write this post today because I betting that most of you are tired of election coverage with the non-stop ads and will be online tonight. Please consider this post to be my personal pitch to you (my base to build a following) as I'm asking everyone who reads this to make a small contribution to help me execute my vision. But before I ask anyone for anything, let me tell you what this film is about, because I don't expect everyone to like it.

Here's my synopsis for EV Wars - A short film:
A former OPEC Minister famously said in 1973: "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones." The same is true about the rise of Electric Cars. EV Wars is a fictional battle between rivaling Automakers vying for the hearts and minds of new electric car buyers set in 2016, which goes behind closed doors and deep into enemy territory between a group of young ambitious car executives and an aging narcissistic car icon.​

My Motivations: First and foremost, I'm a die hard Chevrolet Volt Enthusiast, Entrepreneur, Cleantech Adoption Catalyst, and Chasm Crosser. I'm making this film because I selfishly want to see the Volt in a better light and seen on screen as fast, fun, easy, and well popular. I also want to bring a new element of entertainment to this industry and disarm the EV haters with quotable lines, facts, sales numbers, and popular notions. Secondly, I want to attract new buyers with that entertainment value as they will see the Volt and other EVs as fast, fun, easy, and well popular. And with "rivalry" as the storyline theme, this film will be full of conflict, dabbles in politics, and digs deep with compelling dialogue.

That's my pitch for EV Wars and I'm sticking to it!

So, now I need more contributions from my base and friends before I begin my hardest push for big $ contributors up in LA and SF in the next 15 days! My crew and I are wrapping script development and are going gung ho on what's called a crowdfunding campaign (similar to KickStarter) to raise a wide variety of small contributions in exchange for some really great perks (Example):

Jeffrey O Strasburg- $10.00
steve glenn- $10.00
Yumiko Kato- $25.00
Bartholomew Basile- $20.00
david f laur- $19.00
Ryan Turner- $10.00

$10 will get you tickets to the premiere of the film! There are many more like posters and tee shirt, etc.

Also, my goal is to enter this film in a mainstream film festival (like SXSW in Austin next March) and then take the popularity and following of this film and then adapt it into a youtube series consisting of 7-10min episodes you can watch on your iphone or tablet. Now again, I'm not asking for a lot however my mission here is to receive contributions from 50 -100 Volt owners via my crowdfunding campaign. I hope you see value in my work and my passion for this unique project. Now a friend recently asked why 2016? My simple answer is that automakers are announcing release dates of their latest models about 2 years in advance and we can then make predicts of public perceptions, media stories, go to market decisions, politics, gas prices, and sales projections.

Here's the link to my campaign and I hope you make a contribution today:

http://ecoinvestmentclub.com/campaign/detail/533

Also, we just launched a new twitter handle and are tweeting out the names of our contributors (@EV_Wars) and using the hashtag #EVWars. Please follow us. *Note: Once you get to the homepage please scroll down to see all the perks available. Choose one or more and then Click "Fund This Campaign". Then please share this using all the available social media options. You can also use leave a comment on the "Comment tab".

I will also comeback and post updates here everyday. Thanks again.:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! Funds are held in a WePay account! I'm excited that this has gotten some many views however I need small contributions. Will someone help me start the trend and contribute $10 tonight?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a perfect example of the kind of content you will see in "EV Wars"! This was just released today on Plugincars.com: With the recent appointment to CEO of former Chevy Volt development leader Tony Posawatz, Fisker Automotive is apparently shifting its strategy toward a much more affordable next car, potentially targeted to compete against the Volt. Fisker had been working on a second model, called the Fisker Atlantic, to be priced well below the Karma. Last week, we learned that the Atlantic has been delayed until late 2014 or early 2015. News of the delay came on the heels of a series of problems encountered with the company's Karma model. Web reports of a third model from Fisker, coming so soon after the announcement of a delay for the Atlantic, could mean that company recognizes the critical importance of affordability, if it's going to become anything more than an ultra-niche low-volume automaker.

Please contribute $10 to this short film today! http://www.ecoinvestmentclub.com/campaign/detail/533

1 - 7 of 7 Posts