GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, one errant chocolate chip from my granola bar wrapper landed on my driver seat -- and that was enough to make my mess...

Turns out I sat on that one chocolate chip, which then melted into the perforated holes of my leather seat.

So, my seat has an patch of brown-filled holes now. Ugh!

Suggestions on how to get this removed? Poke them in with a needle? Scrub it with a toothbrush? Heat it up and melt it out? Ideas? Thoughts?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
So, one errant chocolate chip from my granola bar wrapper landed on my driver seat -- and that was enough to make my mess...

Turns out I sat on that one chocolate chip, which then melted into the perforated holes of my leather seat.

So, my seat has an patch of brown-filled holes now. Ugh!

Suggestions on how to get this removed? Poke them in with a needle? Scrub it with a toothbrush? Heat it up and melt it out? Ideas? Thoughts?

Thank you.
Take it to your local auto detailer...it will be easier to let them clean it...

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Where's a Elemental when we need him for some comedic relief....?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll drop by a professional auto detailed this week rather than risk ripping new holes in my leather!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello WallyVolt, A detailer may be the best bet. But here is a video of a detailer on cleaning perforated leather seats. He has a lot of good info and is probably one area where OCD anal retentive has paid off for the rest of us. Just glad he is not my boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtkDG6pNkI4
Good Luck
Jon
That guy is a master detailer..
This Video where he does the steam cleaning seems like what is needed for extreme cases:
https://youtu.be/4Bd_IqK5ydU

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Took my car to an auto detail place today. They told me $25 and they can't guarantee a fix. So I drove to another auto detailer. They said $5 and no problem. About 10 minutes later, all the chocolate was removed from the perforated leather seat.

They used copious amounts of some kind of spray (hopefully something that's leather-safe) and a compressed air hose to blow it all out. Seems to have worked! (Hopefully the chocolate doesn't re-appear once things heat up outside.)

Try to keep messy stuff (or potentially messy stuff like a chocolate chip) off your perforated leather seats (if you've got 'em).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts