GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem with volt 2. When the car is starting, I mean after opening any door the sound appears in the brake system block (something like knocking th th th th). It ends when I press the brake pedal, when I release the brake pedal the sound comes back. Any idea what it can be and how I can fix it?

·
Administrator
22,537 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bolt? They had to recall all Bolts due to battery risks. They knew there was a problem and continued to produce and sell. If there is no federal mandate they wouldn't recall. Chevy is such a short sighted brand that they are waiting for the next recession to bankrupt and hope government will save them.

Ewwwe, is that something else I can look forward to?
That new Bolt EUV is looking better and better already.

·
Administrator
22,537 Posts
Bolt? They had to recall all Bolts due to battery risks. They knew there was a problem and continued to produce and sell. If there is no federal mandate they wouldn't recall. Chevy is such a short sighted brand that they are waiting for the next recession to bankrupt and hope government will save them.

My Bolt EV now has a new battery, a new warranty, and 29 miles extra range! I'm extremely happy. GM did an awesome job stepping up and addressing the battery safety issue.

You link to a 2021 article which is old news. Your main point is there was a recall, It happens. I had a recall on my 2011 Volt when it was new. Again, big deal, GM dealt with it to my total satisfaction. The rest of your post is conjecture and seems more like an anti-GM rant than anything useful.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Actually they closed down the factory and wouldn't sell you a new Bolt until the battery was replaced. They didn't start up the factory until the new batteries were in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts