GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site. I'm on my second Volt. Best car I ever owned. I work T Weseloh Chevrolet. So if I can help anyone with non service questions I'll try and do my best in finding the answer for you. As far as charging station I recommend Bosh. You can also go to Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
so what year is your second one?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Welcome. I think you will find that, for those who choose to upgrade to a 240v EVSE, Clipper Creak is the preferred brand for a number of reasons.

So here is my non-service question: My 2011 Volt has a feature labeled "AS 1-2", in the 5+ years of ownership I have yet to understand what it really does, and why would I ever need to use it.

VIN # B0985

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'll take a shot at that if you don't mind. You would use it when you travel to a different city where you don't know the radio stations. Here is what I found in the 2013 Infotainment Manual PDF:

Autostore
To use Autostore:
1. Press SOURCE to select FM or AM.
2. Press the AS 1-2 button for two seconds.
3. The radio searches and automatically stores the six strongest stations.
Press the AS 1-2 button to alternate between the Autostore stations and favorites.
Autostore does not delete previously stored favorite stations.
Autostore does not function with SiriusXM radio stations.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Autostore
To use Autostore:
1. Press SOURCE to select FM or AM.
2. Press the AS 1-2 button for two seconds.
3. The radio searches and automatically stores the six strongest stations.
Press the AS 1-2 button to alternate between the Autostore stations and favorites.
Autostore does not delete previously stored favorite stations.
Autostore does not function with SiriusXM radio stations.
Yeah, that is pretty much what my 2011 manual says. But the key is the last line, which is to say it does not function with SiriusXM. Since I rarely listen to anything other than SiriusXM or music stored on a thumb drive, I have no real use for it.

So why would they take up real estate on the center stack for something that is most likely going to be rarely used by the vast majority of owners?

VIN # B0985

·
8,680 Posts
Yeah, that is pretty much what my 2011 manual says. But the key is the last line, which is to say it does not function with SiriusXM. Since I rarely listen to anything other than SiriusXM or music stored on a thumb drive, I have no real use for it.

So why would they take up real estate on the center stack for something that is most likely going to be rarely used by the vast majority of owners?

VIN # B0985
Still probably used more often than the TP button - which is a quick hotlink to change the car's clock straight from the center console.

·
Registered
430 Posts
New to the site. I'm on my second Volt. Best car I ever owned. I work T Weseloh Chevrolet. So if I can help anyone with non service questions I'll try and do my best in finding the answer for you. As far as charging station I recommend Bosh. You can also go to Home Depot.
Welcome Carminemir!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

VIN # B0985
Well, that is a totally different question. Sorry, I don't have an answer for that one.

·
Registered
253 Posts
IMHO, it appears Gen 1's dash was "designed" by engineers who made a list of functions and slapped them all on there.

For Gen 2, it appears they actually involved someone who thought style and design were important.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
IMHO, it appears Gen 1's dash was "designed" by engineers who made a list of functions and slapped them all on there.

For Gen 2, it appears they actually involved someone who thought style and design were important.
I thought it looked like they started with an array of buttons and told three interns "Fill 'em up with stuff that the base model will have. We'll put the options on the sides later. Have it done by end of the day."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Carmine...
It's Tom, and I recently purchased (leased) a 2017 from you. You were busy so your partner helped me with my new Volt!
Thanks, and I'll see you at the 'office', but very seldom, when i get serviced.

Can you fill me in on the free maintenance from Weseloh ... i want to be sure i get all the perks on my new car!
tom

·
Registered
534 Posts
Carmine, since you're a salesman maybe you can comment on what a lot of people are saying. They say Chevy / GM doesn't push the Volt because they don't make any money on them. Do salesman steer potential customers to something with more profit margin, like a Malibu? Just wondering about the general attitude of Chevy dealers toward the Volt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts