GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just found this forum the other day and just joined tonight. I have been researching the Chevrolet Volt and plan to order one when the car is available.

A little about me:
  • I have been fascinated with automobiles since I was 15.
  • Enjoy many different classic cars.
  • Built my favorite car an AC Cobra Replica.
  • Run the Club newsletter for the Cascade Cobras Car Club.
  • Been with Ron Tonkin Chevrolet for 21 years. Parts Department
  • Enjoy spending time with my wife.
  • Like you want to pass up gas stations on the way to work and not worry about the price of fuel & the impact on the environment I am causing by my daily commute.

This is my Cobra

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Nice car! I'm also new here. I used to admire the lead acid Volt that was demolished by GM. News about the new Volt and the A123 battery combo got me here. I have high hopes that GM will be able to recapture the market if they price it right and make high quality Volt car that would be cheap on the pocket and cheap to operate.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Wait, you've worked for a Chevy dealer for 21 years and you drive a Ford!!?? (Kind of):D Seriously nice ride. You might be like me and hope, dream and wonder if there will ever be an SS version of the Volt. Don't know about the Volt we're getting, but the original concept Volt would look awesome with rally stripes! (Look now, to the photo at the top of the page and visualize!) Welcome.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome and the compliments on my hobby car. B.T.W. I will be driving my Cobra down to California next week and plan to travel along the Oregon & California Coast line. This will be the first and last time as I expect to be paying an average of $5 per gallon.:mad:

DaV8or - Too bad the Volt has to change in looks from the concept version. Maybe we will luck out and it will look even better. I do think it would look good with rally stripes. I wonder if they will make the clear roof standard?

Quote By Jason:If you want to convert your Cobra to a EV here is a company that can do it for you:HST Link
You know before I started to think about the Chevy Volt I actually considered building a GT40 next for a daily commuter, but I couldn't bring myself to the thought of driving a GT40 with no sound and no gas guzzling motor in it. Besides it wouldn't be politically correct for a Chevy guy to drive a Ford to work every day, now would it?:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts