GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Americans like the Ampera front and rear and I chose the Volt because I prefer the Volt's design. The Ampera front fascia just looks like a sad Panda.

Well, however, I'm glad to be here.

(And averaging 233.3 mpg currently)

Got more to say about the car though.

First things first though.

Cheers from continental Europe.

Phil

2012 Volt, fully loaded, no regrets

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Welcome, bring on the comments! ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi solar_dave

You're my first commentator. Thanks!

Ok, here you go:

I wish:

a) flappy paddles to shift between D and L
b) HID Lamps as standard
c) Optional LED headlamps
d) Full LED lightning at the rear, LED turn signals
d2) US-spec turn signals/Park lights
d3) RED turn signals
e) A rear armrest
f) a hyper Eco-Mode, sort of Lsquare or so
g)

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I see g) is reserved for future suggestions, volted2012? :)

Many of your suggestions are shared as wishes for future development by other Volt owners. Some are addressed by new models (MY 2013 rear arm rest)

f) I'm unsure what hyper-eco mode would do. More aggressive regenerative braking?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steverino

I forgot to delete the g)

By hyper-eco-mode (or hypermiling function) I mean sort of a power and accel limiter, speed limiter, turn off all non-drivetrain related power consumers etc, kind'a directing as much of the battery power to nothing other than to the drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Americans like the Ampera front and rear and I chose the Volt because I prefer the Volt's design.
Phil
People with straight hair spend billions of dollars to curl it, and people with curly hair spend billions of dollars to straighten it.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, a land which is separated by the deep water river of envy.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi volted2012!

Welcome! I agree with most of your list (not sure what US Spec signals change) and also would love to see an eco-mode like you described on future models- perhaps the opposite pedal map to Sport mode, so the uncoordinated lead-footer can more easily locate coasting and light acceleration positions without having to "feather".

So..... I'm assuming by your handle and the absence of a rear armrest that you have a 2012 model European Volt.

Do tell, please, if you have a Hold Mode in your 2012 Volt, (European non-sad-panda version).

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Hi solar_dave

You're my first commentator. Thanks!

Ok, here you go:

I wish:

a) flappy paddles to shift between D and L
Just leave it in L, unless you like to have the brake lamps lighted in heavy traffic, then light application of the brake pedal in 'D' does the regen anyway without application of the friction brakes. Just check the leafy ball.

As far as the lighting, all thing we wish they had done, but all things that people are finding a way to mod in themselves.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Joule

Yep, it's a 2012 Euro-spec Volt WITH Hold mode. And no, I can't get accustomed to that strange black-teardrop-sad-panda Ampera look. *no offence meant*

On the test drive roughly 3 weeks ago I engaged the HOLD mode. It makes alot of sense. The mountain mode, in contrast, revs up hard and remains on high rpm. I didn't like it that much.

I got roughly 70 km (65.8km driven, 4 km remaining) out of a single charge today (01.04.2013)

BTW, please check out my YT-channel "volted2012"; just uploaded a short vid and will be doing more short clips on my mpgs/L/100km

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joule,

I so love the us-spec turn signal lightning, the constant glow of amber lights on the front. Relaxing to see in the dark.

I'll get a big fine doing that on my car. Until we figure out that it actually makes sense.

FYI: Way back we had a 1985 Buick Regal. They had to disengage the third brake light, black out the lense and rip out the 3-way-cat converter. You know, because here, in Europe, we didn't know what a 3way-catconverter was. Something from 'murica, so can't be that sensible.

Just to catch up with your standards a few years later =D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
People with straight hair spend billions of dollars to curl it, and people with curly hair spend billions of dollars to straighten it.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, a land which is separated by the deep water river of envy.
So true....

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I don't care for the Ampera front treatment either, but I like the rear.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It resembles to the 2013 Volt.

And has LEDs.

But I like the horizontal reflectors on the Volt better. Still.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
On the test drive roughly 3 weeks ago I engaged the HOLD mode. It makes alot of sense. The mountain mode, in contrast, revs up hard and remains on high rpm. I didn't like it that much.
FYI: Mountain Mode will not cause the ICE rev up if it is engaged before the battery is below the buffer cut off which is about ~14 miles remaining, sorry, I'm too lazy to convert to km. When it does rev up, it is trying to build the battery buffer back up to its programmed level.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You might want to keep that MM button handy in case you ever take a road trip from Geneva to Davos! Ha ha!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The grass is always greener on the other side... I own a Volt. But I prefer the looks of the Ampera. Go figure...
At least those of us in Europe have a free choice. I prefer the Volt so that was what I bought (also it was a few thousand cheaper than the Ampera but it was the looks that swung it for me).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts