GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been here for a while, though for a few years I was fairly active here, trying to post helpful responses when I could, My 2013 volt is still a GREAT car, so great that with 133K miles, I just gave it to my son as he starts his first post college job. I anticipated this event 2 years ago and bought a new 2018 volt just before the federal tax credit ran out for GM. for 18 months, we have had 2 volts, my '13 daily driver, and the 18 "Sunday-go-to-meeting" car. Now I'm back to 1. Just a few days before loading the volt on the truck to be taken cross country, I received my first ever "service high voltage charging system" message. I panicked, took the car to the dealer and they loaded updated software on a couple of modules, (I paid for this service) we will see how long it takes to come back if it is indeed the level sensor.... I'm happy with the 2018: quicker, more efficient, and fun to drive, and since my commute is 37 miles each way and stretched or just exceeded the 2013s cd range in winter, I can now easily make my commute with KWh to spare. Thanks to the old timers here for their help when I needed it. This is still, I'm confident, the only place to come to get good Volt advice without a lot of bad advice. Drive safely all!

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
Welcome back, Paul. Back to one Volt? But you have two?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Reactions: uchual
1 - 3 of 3 Posts