GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bolt is lined up next to Chevy's other heavy hitter sellers on the Chevy.com website, front and center. And not by mistake because it happened to be in the background of a Silverado ad!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Why does it look so proportionally small?
I agree. The scale looks off.
(And I believe Mr. Dave is the 'shop' expert here.)

Whoever 'shopped' this add copy needs to be kicked in the butt.
I'm almost certain this was not 4 Chevy's in a room getting photographed.

Once again Chevy marketing.......

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. The scale looks off. Whoever 'shopped' this this add copy needs to be kicked in the butt.
I'm almost certain this was not 4 Chevy's in a room getting photographed.

Once again Chevy marketing.......
I can almost imagine the Chevy marketing bosses telling their graphics people: "Hey! Make the Bolt super small looking so people will want to buy a Silverado since it's so yuuuuuuge!"

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
That would be because it IS small. It's almost identical to a Honda FIT

http://evobsession.com/chevy-bolt-dimension-comparison-popular-models/
I've done those kind of comparisons too. They're regularly wrong, mine included.

First thing that jumps out is that the camera angle is wrong. Then there's the wheel sizes. The car on the left is sporting 20s, or the Bolt is rolling on 14s.

Generally GM Photoshoppers do excellent work. I know it's hard when you don't have the right source material to work with, but this one's not even close.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The Bolt is lined up next to Chevy's other heavy hitter sellers on the Chevy.com website, front and center. And not by mistake because it happened to be in the background of a Silverado ad!

Those three are the most sold Chevy models (in order): Silverado, Equinox, and Malibu. I hope the Bolt EV does become the fourth most sold or even better!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts

They responded in 1 day after getting the car of the year award!!!!! That must be the reason the car of the year caption/gaphic is pretty small. and could be easily missed. But they got it up. Congratulations GM/Chevy..

·
Administrator
20,890 Posts
I can almost imagine the Chevy marketing bosses telling their graphics people: "Hey! Make the Bolt super small looking so people will want to buy a Silverado since it's so yuuuuuuge!"
This. Internally torpedoed.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Definitely poor Photoshop job. I'm terrible with the program (as some of you have seen), but even I can see how bad this is. To be the proper scale compared to the Silverado, the Bolt would need to be placed about 10 feet further back in the image.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Those three are the most sold Chevy models (in order): Silverado, Equinox, and Malibu. I hope the Bolt EV does become the fourth most sold or even better!
With sales of each vehicle increasing as you move right in the image, then Bolt should be Chevy's #1 seller! Imagine 700k Bolts/year!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had a Kia Soul and found it very roomy.

The Bolt is longer, taller and wider than the Kia Soul and that's just fine be me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts