GM Volt Forum banner

"Heater Service" message. What need to be done?

9051 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Khunshawnd
I got a message "Heater Service" or "Heater Maintenance" or something like that. I don't remember exactly. I pressed "Dismiss" and the message never came back. What is it? Do I need to do anything about it?

My oil change/maintenance is about 50% away. The mileage is about 29000 km (18000 miles).
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
23,446 Posts
Apparently you need to have your heater serviced.

· Administrator
23,446 Posts
Found this in the manual:

SERVICE HEATER SOON
This message displays if there is a
problem with the heater system.
See your dealer for service.
Sure, that's what the car and manual says, but what should he do? :)

· Administrator
23,446 Posts
Well, if service is needed I would expect this message to pop up every time I start the car. But it appeared once only.
On all cars I owned the message would come back every time until the service was done and computer was reset.
You seem to have a variety of issues that need to be addressed by the dealer under your warranty. You've posted what, 3? 4? different issues. I'm not sure why you haven't made a service appointment yet.

· Administrator
23,446 Posts
How did I forget about dealerships and wonderful Internet? I definitely should not post those trivial problems here. Sorry for bothering you, just thought I would share with the "brotherhood of Volt owners".
You asked what you should do. The answer is take it to the dealer under warranty.

Share what the dealer did to fix the issues, that would be of interest to forum members and helpful for the next person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.