GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a message "Heater Service" or "Heater Maintenance" or something like that. I don't remember exactly. I pressed "Dismiss" and the message never came back. What is it? Do I need to do anything about it?

My oil change/maintenance is about 50% away. The mileage is about 29000 km (18000 miles).

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts
Apparently you need to have your heater serviced.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Found this in the manual:

SERVICE HEATER SOON
This message displays if there is a
problem with the heater system.
See your dealer for service.

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts
Found this in the manual:

SERVICE HEATER SOON
This message displays if there is a
problem with the heater system.
See your dealer for service.
Sure, that's what the car and manual says, but what should he do? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, that's what the car and manual says, but what should he do? :)
Well, if service is needed I would expect this message to pop up every time I start the car. But it appeared once only.
On all cars I owned the message would come back every time until the service was done and computer was reset.

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts
Well, if service is needed I would expect this message to pop up every time I start the car. But it appeared once only.
On all cars I owned the message would come back every time until the service was done and computer was reset.
You seem to have a variety of issues that need to be addressed by the dealer under your warranty. You've posted what, 3? 4? different issues. I'm not sure why you haven't made a service appointment yet.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I agree that a service trip is preferred. However your other option is to just wait it out, see if it comes back, which it will AFTER your warranty expired, and you'll have to pay for the repairs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had this 2 months ago. I took it to my dealer under warranty and at first they thought it was a physical problem, however after consulting with GM tech support they said it was a software problem and updated the software. It was really nice to have heat in the vehicle after that. As others have pointed out, you have warranty including loaner vehicles provided so take it in for service.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You seem to have a variety of issues that need to be addressed by the dealer under your warranty. You've posted what, 3? 4? different issues. I'm not sure why you haven't made a service appointment yet.
  • "Heater Service" message. What need to be done?
  • Issue with external open/close door button - driver's door
  • Replacing Mirror in the Side Mirror unit
  • Front parking sensor malfunctioning

I was kinda wondering the same thing Steverino

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did I forget about dealerships and wonderful Internet? I definitely should not post those trivial problems here. Sorry for bothering you, just thought I would share with the "brotherhood of Volt owners".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had this 2 months ago. I took it to my dealer under warranty and at first they thought it was a physical problem, however after consulting with GM tech support they said it was a software problem and updated the software. It was really nice to have heat in the vehicle after that. As others have pointed out, you have warranty including loaner vehicles provided so take it in for service.
Thank tharvey57 for your reply! Did you have this message every time when started the car or once?

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts
How did I forget about dealerships and wonderful Internet? I definitely should not post those trivial problems here. Sorry for bothering you, just thought I would share with the "brotherhood of Volt owners".
You asked what you should do. The answer is take it to the dealer under warranty.

Share what the dealer did to fix the issues, that would be of interest to forum members and helpful for the next person.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You asked what you should do. The answer is take it to the dealer under warranty.

Share what the dealer did to fix the issues, that would be of interest to forum members and helpful for the next person.
The interesting part is to learn from others who had same message - if this message comes up every time the car starts or once only.
If it comes up every time - sure, need to visit a dealer. If once only - it might be a glitch in the computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So whatever did you find out about this issue? I have the same message that shows up several minutes after I start driving. Dealer was unable to find a code that was thrown so they basically did nothing. I have another appointment with the dealership next week and I expect them to look harder for the problem. Just interested in what may have been causing your issue and if it was showing any codes when they did diagnostics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey gang, I now have the same message appear, but ONLY when the gas engine is running. I have never seen it on battery power.
I have yet to have it back to shop (12,000 miles, 37% oil life, 14 months old), but will make an appointment to have this checked out. Just curious what others have found.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts