GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the side view mirrors are heated? I don't see the logo on the mirror or button to activate. In 2012, I find it hard to think a premium option Volt doesn't have that.. I can only think wasting energy to warm a mirror may not be a green choice? :confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Confirmed no logo but they work on MY2012...we wish it had a heated steering wheel though.....GM you get that?

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
According to the 2012 manual (page 2-16) heated mirrors are an option. They are activated with the rear window defogger button. My 2012 Volt has them, but it does not have the heated mirrors logo on them.
Same for MY 2011

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
According to the 2012 Volt brochure (for the US) I dug out the outside heated mirrors are standard.

The side mirrors are one of my favorite details on the Volt. Wish they would automatically swivel down to show where the car is relative to the ground when shifted in Reverse and swivel back up when shifted out of Reverse. This makes parking much easier and saves the wheel rims from ghastly curb scrapes. I suppose that requires a memory function. Hopefully the ELR will have it.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Confirmed no logo but they work on MY2012...we wish it had a heated steering wheel though.....GM you get that?
I'm begging GM to add the heated steering wheel to the Volt, with seat heaters and heated steering wheel I can drive comfortably in a much cooler cabin thus using much less battery to heat the air space I'm sitting in. These two low consumption features can keep me comfortable and extend my driving range.

·
4,852 Posts
Heated mirrors were standard on 2011, enabled whenever you turn on the rear defroster. Sounds like more recent model years have it as an option.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
According to the 2012 manual (page 2-16) heated mirrors are an option. They are activated with the rear window defogger button. My 2012 Volt has them, but it does not have the heated mirrors logo on them.
Whoa, reading the manual. Who would have thought of that?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the manual? Who reads anymore... That manual is so big, I forget what I was looking for before I find it. :) Came to mind as our temps have dropped and started using my defog's for the first time.

Thanks to ALL the replies for the info. :) Hope it's a great Halloween for everyone this week

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm begging GM to add the heated steering wheel to the Volt, with seat heaters and heated steering wheel I can drive comfortably in a much cooler cabin thus using much less battery to heat the air space I'm sitting in. These two low consumption features can keep me comfortable and extend my driving range.
+1

This was probably the biggest disappointment for me in the MY2013 to not have a heated steering wheel option added.

·
Registered
155 Posts
With the MY2011's you could download the manual in a PDF file, which I did before I took delivery.
Also on the subject of mirrors and ideas for GM would be the auto-down passenger mirror when you put the car in reverse. Sure makes backing up easier since the backup camera is not that good either.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I took your advise and referred to the manual today for my whacked out nav system. The manual is for a 2011 or older as non of it matched up with the screen of my 2013 nav. But I stood firm and figured out without the manual. :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the manual is out of date for the 2013. My NAV system is nothing like the manual describes. So, I'd rather get current info from the forum.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts