GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hats off to the purposefully engineering of the seats in this car. I think they realized how quickly people will want to be warmed up in the more efficient heated seats vs using the electric heat to warm the cabin .... because these babies seem to 'feel' heated in under 30 seconds. Perhaps that's a stretch but they are q-u-i-c-k. Our Expedition's and Subaru's are not nearly as fast.

Aside: they are pretty darn comfortable as well. Two 7 hour days coming back from NY and the test was when I got out at rest areas or at our final destination. My back felt great still. I was impressed.

· Registered
14,207 Posts
Scott,

Can you warm up the seats remotely while still plugged in? Or do they warm up so quickly that we jut don't need to bother? I'm hoping that the seats will do the job in the mild SoCal winters and I won't have to run the heater much, if at all. Thanks for this. It's very encouraging.

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott,
Can you warm up the seats remotely while still plugged in? Or do they warm up so quickly that we jut don't need to bother? I'm hoping that the seats will do the job in the mild SoCal winters and I won't have to run the heater much, if at all. Thanks for this. It's very encouraging.
a) I read that you certainly can have the seats warm up remotely (if not on auto seat warming mode). I understand using 220v is better for preheating as 110v will use some of your battery. I have not done remote starting yest. The seats warm up so quick I don't really care <grin>.

I'll probably do remote via www.myvolt.com when I leave the office at night so the battery will warm up as I walk to the car. I don't have a smart phone so I'm glad they have that website.

b) Another point someone made was to preheat your car to like 5 degrees warmer than you like the temp to be so when you open your car door and let the heat out then you'll be about right.

c) Another tip. I take off my coat when I get in the car. Why because then I feel the heat quicker and I'm perfectly comfortable.

· Administrator
23,383 Posts
I think heated seats are a must for this car. Did you get the parking assist? Given the rear window format, it seems like another must (or at least very helpful) to have.

· Super Moderator
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think heated seats are a must for this car. Did you get the parking assist? Given the rear window format, it seems like another must (or at least very helpful) to have.
I'm just learning/experimenting with the parking assist. I've been backing into parking spots next to the "curb"/dividers. I'm using the lines in the parking "grid" to determine my stopping point. That camera looks almost straight down the bumper! It is pretty cool actually. (I show it off during demos too <grin>)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.