GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
I'm a long time follower of gm-volt - way back when they were just a promise. I've had mine #1354 since 2011 and have almost 70,000 miles on the clock. Love it.

The problem I have is that my heated seats won't turn on. I hear the normal beep when I press the button, but I get no heat and no indicator lights on the console.

I've done the most basic check and pulled the fuse (#4 in the rear hatch fuse block). It's fine. Has anyone seen/solved this issue?

By the way, I had similar problems on my Yukon (i know, quite the contrast. But I need to tow!). On the Yukon, I would still get the lights. The fix for the truck was to make sure the connector was firmly connected to a control box under the passenger seat. I do not see a similar arrangement under either seat in the Volt.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,018 Posts
It seems you have checked what I would: the fuse and the connector. Have you tried all the levels of heat? None of the work? If none result in heat and everything else is working (light, fuse, connector) it's possible the resistance heating in the seat has broken or shorted out. :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had the same issue recently in my 2012. I pulled the fuse and it was not blown so I took some sandpaper and sanded the contacts to remove oxidation from the metal and that worked. Have not had the problem since. This past summer On Star quit working as well as the compass so I did the same thing with that fuse and it resolved the problem.

I hope this works for you!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Reviving an old thread w/ new info.

I removed the seat heater fuse from my 2014 Volt and found it to be intact. I took it to the Chev dealer who's Tech tested and attempted to reprogram the "seat heater module" (13582417) w/ neg results. New module was installed and seats now heat properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts