GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am the person you guys must hate. I have a 468rwhp/439rwtq GTO and it still gets 23-24mpg on the highway. But I am considering the Volt for my next car or possably the cruze as a daily driver. Just want to gain some info on them and make a informed decsion. John

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hi I am the person you guys must hate. I have a 468rwhp/439rwtq GTO and it still gets 23-24mpg on the highway. But I am considering the Volt for my next car or possably the cruze as a daily driver. Just want to gain some info on them and make a informed decsion. John
I don't hate you. The GTO is a great car and it sounds like you've done a bit work on yours. I think the Camaro is greater though.:D It's good to have a few more car guys on here. As much info that is available is here. Still lots of unknowns and few hard facts have been released though.

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
181 Posts
OH Gosh no, I don't hate guys who like cars. I always loved great cars. Currently I have a 1973 454 Corvette Roadster that gets a whopping 14 MPG (WOOHOO). My wife has a 1959 Bel Air that get 18 MPG, Not bad for a boat huh;). I would just love to get a new Camaro. I owned a 68 and 79 in my life. Let's see, I've also owned a 47 Chevy Fleetline, a 59 El Camino, two (2) 66 Corvair Monza's, a 71 Chevy pickup, a 64 1/2 Mustang (glad I got rid of that piece of junk), a Jeep Wrangler, as well as other pickups and vans (all GM) to numerous and unpretentious to bother mentioning, and we won't even talk about my motor home with a Ford V-10 engine or the boat.

Nope, I don't hate you at all. I know where you are coming from. If life were fair I'd burn gasoline until I die, but I fear that before long there will be no more gasoline, or perhaps it will get rationed. Thus my desire for a Volt is two-fold. First, to be able to keep moving if and when the current fuels become unavailable or unaffordable, and Two, to demonstrate to the oil companies that I don't need them, they need me.

By the way, did you notice that ALL of the vehicles are American made, most GM. I've strayed a couple of times to Ford and hated it each time, and once to Chrysler, and I did like that Jeep. But I'm a GM guy, and I'll always buy an American brand. Toyota can sell their junk to other people. None of my money will go to the empire of the rising sun. In another post one member said that he'd buy two Prius' before he'd spend $50K on a Volt. Not me! If GM takes me out of the Volt game with a price I can't manage, I'll either knuckle under to big oil and pay the piper, or I'll get out there and convert an old car (maybe a 67 Nova) to my own verson of a plugin hybrid. I had that idea ten years ago, I just haven't had the time ambition or space to do anything about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't hate you. The GTO is a great car and it sounds like you've done a bit work on yours. I think the Camaro is greater though.:D It's good to have a few more car guys on here. As much info that is available is here. Still lots of unknowns and few hard facts have been released though.

Welcome to the board!
Its got a few things done. Its a stock shortblock with Trickflow 225 heads/ Yella Terra roller rockers/ comp hardend pushrods/ 232,234 cam/ ported fast 92 intake manifold/ 36lb injectors/ Kooks LTs and catless mids/ bassani catback/ spec 3 clutch/ and soon a little n20:D

Thanks im sure TEXAS would have me ordered to be shot on spot. Im deployed right now and saving money for paying the goat off. And my family is a GM family. We have a 68 camaro SS/RS 396 dads toy/96 tahoe the hunter mobile and boat hauler/ 06 Ion moms car/ 06 Goat me / and my older brother was a honda fan boy that has owned 3 motorswaped civics. Last year he had a change in heart when my goat with longtubes and a cai pulled on his turbo b16 civic:D
now he is in the market for a LS1 ta or ss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts