GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I noticed that my headlight aiming is way off on my 2017 Volt Premier. The right low beam is slightly low and the right high beam is way too low. Does anyone know where there is a headlight aiming procedure for this car? I am assuming that both sides should shine at about the same height.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
This will be handled by the dealership for nothing since it is a warrenty issue

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
This will be handled by the dealership for nothing since it is a warrenty issue
^^^This^^^ You could wait at the dealer while this is being corrected. I would think one hour tops.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Is this a replace the light problem or is there a adjustment on a shutter type light ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is your car new, unused off the truck? Most modern cars are electronically aimed at the factory and unless messed with, should arrive in perfect order. I really like the light display on my '16.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have noticed that my new 2018 Premier's headlights seem to be aimed a little too high, I do carry some weight in the back due to my work equipment. I would like to lower the aim just a little so I don't keep being flashed at night. there must be an adjustment screw somewhere on the headlights, I have looked for one but its not obvious. Anybody know how to adjust headlight aim?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found the headlight adjustment screws, they are white plastic low down behind the assembly, need a long phillips to adjust. My low beam lights were reflecting brightly off road signs so obviously aimed too high, I'm in the process of trial and error adjusting until I get what I think is correct.

Went a little too low at first, bringing them up one screw turn at a time, then waiting until another night time drive.

I remember having the same issue with my 2012 4Runner when it was new, took a while to get them adjusted too. Are vehicle manufactures just not bothering to aim headlights anymore? I see a lot of cars and especially pickups with dangerously bright blinding lights in the last 10 years or so.

I really hate those cheap looking blueish aftermarket bulbs that people are putting in older vehicles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am always getting people flashing their high beams at me to try to get me to dim my lights when they are already on low beam. The other night I drove my daughter's car home when it had a problem, and she followed me in my Volt. I could have swore she drove home with the high beams on, but she didn't. I need to lower them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts