GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited! Beautiful day here, about to head out to Don Larson Chevrolet in Baraboo, WI to pick up a remaining Ruby Red Volt with Premium (beige), Navigation, Bose, Safety #1, and Safety #2. Marked down $12,000, that's what I'm seeing looking around and the fact that it's fairly local (80 miles one way), it's a done deal. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I'm back along side the wife's 2014 ELR. Happy days!!! :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I'm remembering this correctly, if your VIN is higher than 166 you have the larger battery that is in the 2015 version. I peeked at the dealer site and the only 2014's listed are both higher numbers (newer build) Nicely done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know, thanks! Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday night to pick it up. Couldn't squeeze everything in today.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats on your new Volt, It's a fantastic vehicle, love my Volt....

·
Registered
13,556 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in but my recollection is as follows...

Vin #'s, last six digits ending in 166xxx or higher "should" have been built in May of 2014 or later. The 166 is the relevant number not the xxx. In theory the production run of proper sized 2014 main batteries had been depleted and they simply installed the slightly larger (and never certified as larger) 2015 battery as they were ramping to the next model year. Mine is the 166xxx and has the larger battery. I've seen it referred to as a silent upgrade. Probably happened on every model year to some extent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Volt.jpg Black and White.jpg

About time! What a fuster cluck this week has been. After setting up the deal, I was informed that financing through their bank/credit union would require $4,000 down on my end and it would be treated as a used car because of the year. What?!? So, I told them I'd go to my credit union, which I did, but in the two days that it took to get things completed at my credit union, they sold the car. So, I went back to Countryside Chevrolet and picked up the one you see here. Diamond Pearl on black with the white trim pieces inside. Nav, Bose, Premium, Safety #1 and #2, chrome wheels. Just glad the whole thing is over and now we have Ebony and Ivory in the garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts