GM Volt Forum banner

Have you had ZERO problems with your Volt?

• 2013 Model: No, my Volt has been serviced for an unforeseen problem

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • 2013 Model: Yes, I've had ZERO problems

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 2012 Model: No, my Volt has been serviced for an unforeseen problem

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • 2012 Model: Yes, I've had ZERO problems

Votes: 133 30.1%
  • 2011 Model: No, my Volt has been serviced for an unforeseen problem

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • 2011 Model: Yes, I've had ZERO problems

Votes: 34 7.7%
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I've been without my Volt for a few days now because of brake problems. I'm really bummed because I haven't even had the car for a month, and it's already in the shop. I probably won't get it back until later this week.

Prior to buying it, I swore up and down (and left and right) that I'd NEVER buy an American car because they were always having issues; so, I stuck with Toyota and Acura, which never left my side for more than a few hours for maintenance. When the Volt came out, I thought to myself, "Wow. Maybe American cars have finally leapfrogged the Japanese cars." So, I bought one. Now, in these last few days, I've felt loads of embarrassment as I've had to answer friends and family when they ask, "Where is your Volt?" and "Why are you driving this Malibu rental?"

So, to give the benefit of the doubt, I thought I'd do a little survey to find out if a) it's just my luck of the draw and b) if this just has to do with a model year. (There are several mentions around this board of 2013's having various issues.)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
My 2012 purchased on March 31st with 160 miles on it has been flawless. The dealer did do the three Customer Service Campaign's prior to delivery, but aside from that, my Volt has been flawless in every way.

·
Registered
259 Posts
2012 with ZERO! 7800 miles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Stator bearing replacement. Car was out of commission about 1 week.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The battery reinforcement upgrade was all I had done so I counted it as Zero problems since it was elective surgery.

·
Administrator
20,453 Posts
24,000 miles, zero problems.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I voted on 2012 with ZERO issues. The 2011 had one problem with the fuel tank purge system getting gas into it. It required 2 trips to the dealer but it is still unclear how the fuel got into the purge system unless it was one of the dealer fills because I never tried to "top it up" with the pump handle. The problem was promptly fixed and no issues since.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Great idea for a poll. 2012 no problems, and much joy.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
2012 Volt.

13 months. 13,000 miles. Zero problems...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My charge door started to be sticky on opening. Fixed it myself in a few minutes with some permanent, non conductive dry lube (MoS2). I didn't count that as a problem - and it's stayed fixed. Otherwise, flawless, front to back, top to bottom.

·
Registered
302 Posts
2013, had it for about 3 months. Had 3 small issues:

1. The "leaf button" on the dash was sticking and they had to order a new button assembly.
2. When opening the battery charging door, it sometimes doesn't swing open. They are ordering a new "rubber gasket".
3. Had to have the read hatch adjusted cause it wouldn't shut unless you slammed it.

Other than those, no issues. Guess they are pretty small, doesn't really hurt anything, but might as well get it fixed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2012 bought april 2012 with 995 miles on it, When i bought the car there was a problem with the xm radio antenna,That was fixed in one day ,car has been flawless since

·
Registered
882 Posts
My 2011 Volt was delivered exactly two years ago today ! I replaced the charge chord for the beefed up version, had the battery tunnel reinforcement accomplished, and had a drivers side tail light replaced due to moisture fogging it after a wash or hard rain. Tires were also rotated...very good for two years !

My simple OnStar stats : I have a lifetime mpg of 235 , EV miles are 16,331 of the 19,885 two year total.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts