GM Volt Forum banner

Have other Volt owners had people gather around their cars making it hard to leave?

3147 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  kmg
We love our Volt (ok I admit I wish it had electric seats at least on the driver's side and I wish a spare tire and a jack were also available) but it is sooooo much fun to drive! I recently took this car to the " Big Easy" and people were buzzing about my car at the Downtown hotel where I stayed to attend a seminar. I thought that was pretty neat since Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus etc. literally were the cars evidently preferred by owners staying at the hotel. However, when my car was brought down by the valet ( trust me I didn't like it that a valet had to park my car) people started crowding around the car to look at it. One man asked me where I bought the car as he said he wanted to buy one too. :D I told him the name of the dealership and he wanted to know the price I paid for the car. Everyone seemed to be impressed with the car they saw, my Volt, so it felt great to be the person leaving in my car not theirs!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Yes, we are the advocates of the future... Us early adopters. People swarm it in public. I am constantly answering questions. Just this weekends, I picked up some barstools from a furniture store. I buzzed up to the loading shock on silent electric power. Man
y in the warehouse swarmed it, were taking photos, and were asking questions. I nearly didn't get what I was there for. As I was there, a loud truck backed in to another dock. They said... "that is what we normally hear all day long" They were just amazed as is everybody I introduce to it.

· Registered
632 Posts
It happens to me lot's. At least every 2 out of 3 places I stop for any length of time, some one will start asking questions. Yes, we are the vangard, and have a responsibility to inform the public in an honest and open manor.

Pat

· Registered
8 Posts
I try to not only explain the car and how it works, but give a test drive. I usually ask a friend riding with me to drive it so they will get a feel for how fun it is. I always put it in sport mode so they get the full effect of electric acceleration.

3,598 Posts
@drusselltex

That is great to hear and we certainly do appreciate that. There are still so many people that don't realize what a great car the Volt is and like you said how fun it is to drive!

Volt Advisor Trevor
Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team

· Registered
136 Posts
Me, too!

Yes, I've had people gather around the car--even at a Chevy dealership! Still lots of questions, people expressing their admiration for the car, etc., etc. If they seem to be EV geeks, we talk about the EREV idea and just switching seamlessly to CS mode, with not even a hiccup. If they seem not to be EV geeks, I lead with, "More than anything, it just feels like a car. But, I'm getting XYZ miles per gallon of gas I'm burning..."

· Registered
120 Posts
On a road trip back from Vegas yesterday, my passenger had to stop and use a bathroom at a burger joint while I parked outside and played around with the NAV system. He took his time inside and explained to me later that he was listening to a large group of people looking at my Volt and talking about it. He said one man said "I don't know what kind of car that is, but that is a GREAT looking car".

Ken Volt # 1228

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.