1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Page 102 in 2016 Owner's Manual?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Judging by the unique circumstances that the Reddit OP claims resulted in this alternate display, this is simply a software hiccup. No doubt there are many 2016 Volt software features that were disabled for production vehicles (but still resident in the vehicle's code) and this one must have been unintentionally activated when the car fell into its dead-power state, perhaps invoking a fail-safe routine that called up the ELR-type graphics that must have been used during vehicle development.

Having now seen this display, that would be a nice alternate to the existing modes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
+1 on the display. It would be nice to have some alternatives or additional configuration options. the 4 screens available are basically just variations on a single theme

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Look closely. A speedometer replaces the fuel gauges along the ring. None of the 4 options in the manual offer that, at least not in their initial state...
Cruise Control and Check Engine Light ON...is it in some sort of service mode while in Classic Enhanced?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love this "analog" speedometer. Too bad it takes a power failure to bring it up! Makes me wonder what other sorts of "easter eggs" are hidden from view.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It would be so great if we could get this display mode to work. I wonder why they have it for the ELR but not the Volt. Is an analog speedometer really a luxury item? Anyone have any thoughts how to hack the dash display system, put it in a test mode, etc?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts