GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Doesn't even have to be that fast and I seldom drive faster than low 50s MPH on my normal wanderings. I'm gettin 31-33 estimates as well, and they're pretty accurate. I end getting about 3 miles per kwh in the 25-45F temperatures. Below that, ERDTT picks up and the range gets back to 34,35, above that and I'll get 34-35 just because it's warmer. Soon, though, it'll be time for the winter tires and it'll drop down to about 30 miles.
I have not had to deal with swapping summer tires for winter tires in many years, this when I was living in NY. Then it was just the rear tires that got the snow tread. Where do you store 4 sets of tires and rims off season? How do you avoid flat spots and dry rot on the rubber?

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
I only hit about 55 on my commute and I don't get on the highway. My one way is just over 16 miles, so Tuesday the IC engine came on 3 miles from home (bummer). I don't use the heating much, just Eco mode set to 73 deg. It doesn't seem to come on at all if set to below that. It kicks out more fan and heat when I turn on the defrost - luckily. I use the seat heater on low for less than 5 minutes. I can't use the remote start pre-warmer since I have a check engine light on already. Grrr.

Thanks for all the responses, this looks like a good forum with a lot of good active members. I have been reading the info, FAQ's, and everything else I can find. Lots of good info here.
Feel free to use the seat heater on medium and high settings. The seat heaters run on the Volt's 12V system. The power used is insignificant compared to running the electric cabin heat or air conditioning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts