GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I'm not a Tesla fanboy but I think Tesla's range is a lot more accurate especially if you enter your destination. It's calculating more than historic trends to estimate range. However I don't own one so I would be parroting other Testa reviewers. I heard they're even taking temperature, elevation, traffic, speed limit, vehicle load and probably other variables I haven't even thought about into account.
IF the car knows WHERE you are going and THE ROUTE you will be taking, it seems reasonable to have the car take these current factors into consideration when estimating range. Of course this assumes every trip you make would need to start by powering up and entering the destination and route.

I suspect many will not do this except maybe for very long trips (vacation, etc.).

Don't forget that the guess-o-meter can be fun ! One time after weeks of 70 mph highway commuting I took surface streets home and the guess-o-meter started ADDING ON
miles as I drove ! Gotta love those algorithms :)
That happened on the Volt some, and it happens all the time on the Bolt, and yet it is accurate. I find it takes several charging cycles to narrow it's accuracy after an atypical trip. I can't believe how much sudden drops in temps when the car is outside will draw down miles/kilowatt. I try and game it but once behind the 8 ball it's hard to get it back up if it stays cool.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.