GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GREEN HOV STICKERS ----SIGNED BY THE GOVERNOR

HOT NEWS TODAY !!! JUST RELEASED BY SECRETARY OF STATE ---(As part of a complex bill SB 838, we will receive),,,MORE HOV STICKERS ARE APPROVED AND SIGNED BY THE GOVERNOR !!!!!!

After a bill has been signed by the Governor, the Secretary of State assigns the bill a Chapter Number,
WE have been assigned Chapter # 339,,, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY !!!!

[Chapter # 339 was Approved by Governor September 13, 2016. Filed with Secretary of State September 13, 2016. ]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any links to news articles or anything related?
Did it say that they were increasing the number of green HOV stickers?
I looked at the bill and it looks like expiration is still on 01-2019.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
realdb2,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I like your sense of Humor,,,,,complete with an OLD Governor,,,shouting Approval !!!!!

Very Funny !!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The good news is that there is NO LIMIT on the number of green stickers to be issued....up to the expiration date of 1/19 (?) when ALL green and white stickers are scheduled to expire. Why, you ask, would white stickers not be good forever? Because it is not about air pollution qualification, but rather the NUMBER of stickered cars using the HOV lanes that could potentially make the HOV lanes of no benefit in moving traffic cleanly. If a review of traffic movement in HOV lanes shows minimal negative impact from so many added users, then presumably the legislature will extend, validate or re-issue new stickers.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Personally I would like to see the white stickers extended at least a few years beyond the green stickers. The reason I say this is that although hybrid technology does a good job at helping to reduce smog pollution from running a gas engine, especially in traffic, I believe there needs to be incentive for those who plan on purchasing a new vehicle to make the transition to completely electric. By offering the white stickers for a longer period it may provide enough incentive for those looking to buy new to consider. With the offerings available for all electric cars currently and in the near future increasing to include vehicles with longer range ability to rival some of their gas counterparts, the incentive to consider electric might be swayed with the ability to have HOV access for single driver commutes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My "Commas" Are Punctuation marks for their Visual Affect Alone.

(like my spelling using capitals)

Please enjoy the Good News and your New Volt !!!!!!!

(I know, too many exclamation marks !)

As for your place in the "queue",,,,,as the British say, you will soon be attended to.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The notice I got a couple of months back said I was in the queue and they would be contacting me for payment if/when new stickers are approved. Take my $8 already...

·
Registered
58 Posts
The notice I got a couple of months back said I was in the queue and they would be contacting me for payment if/when new stickers are approved. Take my $8 already...
How long from when you sent in your application until you received this notice? I sent mine in 3 weeks ago (with no payment), but haven't received anything yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Note: "To avoid delays, make sure:
•The vehicle is on the ARB eligible vehicle list by checking ARB website or by calling 1-800-242-4450.
•The $22 decal fee made payable to DMV is included with the original application."

·
Registered
926 Posts
Y'all in CA are lucky to have the HOV stickers. Wish WA would add them as well as free ferry rides.

·
Registered
110 Posts
For those looking for official confirmation, CARB has updated their website to reflect this change: https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

Under the green sticker section: "Per SB-838, and effective as of September 13, 2016, the Green Clean Air Vehicle Decal limit imposed by AB 95 has been removed."
It's alive, the green HOV stickers are alive! I'm gong to be looking in the mailbox everyday.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How long from when you sent in your application until you received this notice? I sent mine in 3 weeks ago (with no payment), but haven't received anything yet.
I think it took about 4 weeks. Hopefully, you'll receive a reply with a request for payment.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts