GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, love the plate, very accurate and to the point.

Second, parked next to this beast at our local Festival in Janesville, WI that has two L2 ChargePoint plug ins. Free to boot!

Funny too, because of her rear window decal. If her home has solar, great, accurate, but if she's like the rest of us, her beast is powered by coal, not pure sunshine and rainbows.

Even better, driving the beast, she's at least 70 and moves like someone you'd expect to at that age and with a replaced knee (couldn't miss the scar). But I've got P85D envy! I can't deny it!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
She at least may be powered 13% by wind water and sun, since coal generation is down considerably, latest (2015) energy source generation by type as follows:

Coal = 33%
Natural gas = 33%
Nuclear = 20%
Hydropower = 6%
Other renewables = 7%
Biomass = 1.6%
Geothermal = 0.4%
Solar = 0.6%
Wind = 4.7%
Petroleum = 1%
Other gases = <1%

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Funny too, because of her rear window decal. If her home has solar, great, accurate, but if she's like the rest of us, her beast is powered by coal, not pure sunshine and rainbows.
So you doubt the veracity of the decal? Why? 'and rainbows'? This comment, since it makes no sense as a practical form of power production, implies that you either have a dim view of renewable energy or think it magic of some sort.

As you will see by my signature (and picture), 'Sun Fuel' is what I have used to power my Volts for years via 7 kw of solar on my Florida home and 13 kw at the office. At my NY home, state and federal bureaucrats prevented me from installing solar http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?111177-NOAA-Better-to-chop-down-trees-for-solar-than-to-use-bright-sunny-dock
So in NY, I buy my electricity (at negligible price increase) from a renewable provider that utilizes wind, hydro and land fill gas. Many of us have the option to choose renewable sources, but sadly, very few do. Lord knows, I have pinged on NY friends and family to switch, but to my knowledge none has.

...Maybe they are stuck in your 'rainbows' mindset. Absurd.

·
Registered
261 Posts
'and rainbows'? This comment, since it makes no sense as a practical form of power production, implies that you either have a dim view of renewable energy or think it magic of some sort.
Well, rainbows are just reflected sunshine, after all... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts