GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Regrettably, Chevy does a poor job on marketing the Volt. Kudos to Nissan for taking the ball and running with it. They gave car buyers another reason to consider a Leaf.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I hear Chevy Volt commercials on 1010 WINS radio station in the New York City area when I check on the traffic situation on my ride home from work. These commercials should be on the more popular radio stations.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Good commercial, everything said about the Leaf also applies to the Volt. Unfortunately I think we will see more disasters like Sandy, perhaps that will help convince more folks to at least consider EVs. I also hope GM sees the advantage of a built-in emergency power option for future Volts (120 VAC @ 20 amps and built-in CO motor).

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
The Volt is actually a better option since it uses the two types of fuel easily available, essentially doubling an owners chance of maintaining their mobility.

GM missed the boat but then on the other hand maybe they didn't want to be viewed as taking advantage of others suffering.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
The Volt is actually a better option since it used the two types of fuel easily available, essentially doubling an owners chance of maintaining their mobility.

GM missed the boat but then on the other hand maybe they didn't want to be viewed as taking advantage of others suffering.
Yes, the Volt with a dual fuel capability IS better, but Chevy is not pointing that out. I think Nissan handled the "taking advantage" aspect deftly. It did not come across as crass to me, rather it leaned more toward caring.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Leads me to think that emergency-crew vehicles (ambulance, police, service trucks) should have dual-fuel or other options besides using gas themselves. Good Nissan package they have there. Now, having him pass the gas lines for effect, in the Leaf, was a little cruel. :)

Legislation coming, much like Florida: http://www.njassemblyrepublicans.com/?p=6597

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
The Volt is actually a better option since it uses the two types of fuel easily available, essentially doubling an owners chance of maintaining their mobility.

I take your point about not taking advantage, but I think it's fair actually. Passing the gas lines was powerful stuff for sure.

I have been very skeptical about running inverters off of the Volt to power household appliances, but some of the recent posts here have somewhat changed my mind. So a commercial about a Volt saving a refrigerator full of groceries or running minimal lights and or communications gear might be another thought.

I saw reports about people desperately searching for power to run breathing equipment for home care patients. If you could plug into a Volt to do that it would be a powerful message too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts