GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the kind remarks. Actually, all the links and Forum dialogs at gm-volt.com helped my EREV research immensely. In a way, you all helped write this.

FYI, my monthly column frequently deals with environmental or energy issues. Just search redding.com 's website if you want to read my thoughts on oil, PV, hydroelectric, wind, Earth Day, cycling, ozone-depleting refrigerants, etc.

Regards,

Keith Ritter

·
Registered
880 Posts
It was a Renewable Energy World article last month that first clued me to the Volt. Somehow, I've missed all the prior publicity. The past couple of weeks, I've been catching up on the wider spectrum of electric vehicles at at EV World.

·
Registered
880 Posts
numbers?

I'm kind of a numbers guy. Where do you see the hydrogen producing energy efficiencies improving to make the infrastructure investments worth it? What type of numbers do you come up with for net well-to-wheel efficiencies? It appears we are jumping into H2 without having exhaustively sorted out the numbers. We could end up with a trillion dollar investment and similar negative unintended consequences to what we now have with the corn ethanol debacle.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Strategically, I agree with you that there will be great demand for a new generation of high energy density, quick-refuel sources to replace our current crop of fossil-fuels and as yet there are no clear winners or losers. The various camps are just now setting up, but the battles will soon rage.

A blend of creative strategic thinking, skilled understanding of the numbers, and a pinch of dumb luck will ultimately decide what dominates, just as it has since the beginnng of the Industrial Revolution.

'Nuff said. Time to debate more important and volatile Volt subjects, like steering wheel diameter, available colors, leather vs vinyl...

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.