GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone realize just how HOT the black trunk area gets when it is hot out?

GM really should make some sort of grab handle that owners can use instead of burning their hand from the black on the hatchback area. I remember when the Tahoes' had this type of handle.

Thanks for giving this any consideration!
VM

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There is a hole in the inside of the hatch next to the locking mechanism that is made for closing the hatch.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I second that suggestion!

·
Registered
230 Posts
As Jim said, there is a "Handle" on the inside (really just a cut out for you to grab)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a hole in the inside of the hatch next to the locking mechanism that is made for closing the hatch.
LOL...I just went out and looked..it is definitely there!! I guess I should take off my sunglasses and look closer the next time...but in my defense today - 100* is a bit too hot to search for things!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You do have to be coordinated enough to yank the handle down and still withdraw your hand before the lid mashes closed on it though. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
You do have to be coordinated enough to yank the handle down and still withdraw your hand before the lid mashes closed on it though. :)
True, but that's also true if it is an actual handle mounted on the inside like it is for most SUVs.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
I missed that handle hold at first too. My (shorter) wife found it right away!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Pssst... It's in the manual. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts