GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The coolest thing they could have is a GPS system that has the ability to show weather radar and traffic conditions. This could be made possible by the addition of WiFi.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The coolest thing they could have is a GPS system that has the ability to show weather radar and traffic conditions. This could be made possible by the addition of WiFi.
They already have this without the need of wifi. Google for XM Weather/Traffic. I have seen it work on some of the Garmin aviation units with weather and its really cool.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Garmin 496

I have a Garmin 496 that already does this. It is an aviation GPS with some extraordinary moving road maps for highway use too. You can subscribe and get XM weather radar... But like anything, it only takes money. I bought mine about 2 years ago and am embarrassed to say how much it cost me then, and the subscription to weather ain't cheap either. This GPS works VERY well in my airplane and my vehicles. When I fly commercially, I take it with me for when renting a car. The roadmap detail is very good and has saved my butt in New York and San Francisco.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts