GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello all,

Got my VXDiag and ACDelco subscription to help narrow down my CL's. Can anyone assist deciphering them?
If I had to guess, I'd double check a wheel speed sensor. Without having an accurate reading, both ABS and traction control are out of commission. See if you can pull up the data for those and see if one wheel reading is way off.

Just a hunch; I had a similar issue on an ICE vehicle a couple of years back and it turned out to be the culprit. Also, it appears in your second pic one wheel (right front) does't have calibration data which COULD be the wheel speed info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had to guess, I'd double check a wheel speed sensor. Without having an accurate reading, both ABS and traction control are out of commission. See if you can pull up the data for those and see if one wheel reading is way off.

Just a hunch; I had a similar issue on an ICE vehicle a couple of years back and it turned out to be the culprit. Also, it appears in your second pic one wheel (right front) does't have calibration data which COULD be the wheel speed info.
Thanks for that. Is the Brake Pressure Sensor the same as the Speed Sensor?

Still playing around the Diag software and learning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for that. Is the Brake Pressure Sensor the same as the Speed Sensor?

Still playing around the Diag software and learning.
No, the speed sensor is located inside the wheel bearing or somewhere near there and measures each individual tire's speed. The computer can then determine if a wheel locks up when braking or slides when accelerating and adjust brakes/acceleration accordingly.

The brake pressure sensor seems to be inside the cabin attached to the brake pedal and determines how hard you're pressing the brake (slamming on the brakes or gently) to determine the amount of regen needed. As-is, when you brake gently, are you still getting regen, or is it only using the friction brakes?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, the speed sensor is located inside the wheel bearing or somewhere near there and measures each individual tire's speed. The computer can then determine if a wheel locks up when braking or slides when accelerating and adjust brakes/acceleration accordingly.

The brake pressure sensor seems to be inside the cabin attached to the brake pedal and determines how hard you're pressing the brake (slamming on the brakes or gently) to determine the amount of regen needed. As-is, when you brake gently, are you still getting regen, or is it only using the friction brakes?
Yes, I was watching the regen work on the display as I slowed down using the brake pedal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to follow up on my thread. Did some calibrations using the ACDelco subscription and was able to erase the codes per instructions after the calibrations and they have never come back. So far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts