GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new lease yesterday here in SoCal.

MSRP 40,250
rebate 6845
Selling 34,749
Residual 19,722
12,000/36mo

Zero down zero drive off 35 payments at 347.22 mo including taxes and all fees

No PO sadly.

Replaces 2014 volt I was paying 377/mo and put 1500 down so I feel better about this deal even though I have seen some slightly better deals on the forums (just not in the past 15-20 days).

The one hiccup was that while I was signing the paperwork I noted that he wrote 10,000 miles instead of 12,000. I am not sure if it was an honest mistake or if he was trying to screw me over. The way it played out was odd enough that i don't know I would ever go back there again. Just felt sleazy.

He also tired to get me to buy some protection plan that added $5/mo. Not a huge deal but he really pushed hard. I kept saying 'no' and he kept pushing, it was almost like he had a quota of these things to sell. Long story short he had 'coupons' and offered it @ about $1.22 mo. and I accepted. I think I agreed mainly because I am getting hit with $700 in excessive wear on my 2014 return and this plan (supposedly) will cover about 75% of the issues I am currently paying out of pocket. And at 44 bucks over 36 months, I figure it is worth the risk. Though frankly I do feel like I bought undercoating...we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Got my new lease yesterday here in SoCal.

MSRP 40,250
rebate 6845
Selling 34,749
Residual 19,722
12,000/36mo

Zero down zero drive off 35 payments at 347.22 mo including taxes and all fees

No PO sadly.

Replaces 2014 volt I was paying 377/mo and put 1500 down so I feel better about this deal even though I have seen some slightly better deals on the forums (just not in the past 15-20 days).

The one hiccup was that while I was signing the paperwork I noted that he wrote 10,000 miles instead of 12,000. I am not sure if it was an honest mistake or if he was trying to screw me over. The way it played out was odd enough that i don't know I would ever go back there again. Just felt sleazy.

He also tired to get me to buy some protection plan that added $5/mo. Not a huge deal but he really pushed hard. I kept saying 'no' and he kept pushing, it was almost like he had a quota of these things to sell. Long story short he had 'coupons' and offered it @ about $1.22 mo. and I accepted. I think I agreed mainly because I am getting hit with $700 in excessive wear on my 2014 return and this plan (supposedly) will cover about 75% of the issues I am currently paying out of pocket. And at 44 bucks over 36 months, I figure it is worth the risk. Though frankly I do feel like I bought undercoating...we'll see what happens.
I think the protection plan actually might be "legit" if it's the General Motors "in house" one that's offered. It's pretty clear on what it does and doesn't cover and I think covers X amount of miles used past your contract amount. Still, they shouldn't push it. My guy explained it all excited to me, asked me if I wanted it, and I declined, he politely asked if I could tell him why I did and I explained I had read all about it on GMFinancial's web site before hand and also read what they consider "normal" for dents and dings and stuff and felt comfortable with not having it. He smiled and said I had done my research and moved right on to the next item.

I really really hate how some people get stuff dirt cheap and others don't, if they had offered me it for the price you got I would have taken it just for the hell of it, but I didn't even go into pushing the price because I didn't want to sound interested (and thus have an issue like you did with them trying to sell the heck out of it) and I didn't even know that was something that could be discounted...

Your lease deal isn't too bad. I can't speak to CA based deals, but from outside CA I got a base LT with comfort package here in WA state with 12k miles and zero down for $318 a month, so for less then $30 more a month getting a much more loaded car, not too dang bad!

I would get the 10k/12k miles issue cleared up and amended on the contract or a new contract signed ASAP. Do not let that sit and think somewhere else in the paperwork it shows 12k.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Excess wear and tear can come in handy, might save an insurance claim or out of pocket money. I got hit in a parking lot by person unknown and some trivial looking damage cost $1000 to fix. Insurance payed but I hate to file a claim. $44 spread over 3 years I would go for too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Excess wear and tear can come in handy, might save an insurance claim or out of pocket money. I got hit in a parking lot by person unknown and some trivial looking damage cost $1000 to fix. Insurance payed but I hate to file a claim. $44 spread over 3 years I would go for too.
Beware that I found out some Lease insurance plan like the Ally one do not cover excess wear coming from an accident. So if the accident is reported / claimed, you are out of luck using the lease protection plan for watever leftover damage is on the car.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Dealers can get bonuses for reaching a certain % of sales that includes the GM protection plan...that's probably why they were pushing so hard. They must have been close to the bonus threshold.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've never gotten out of a dealer without somebody trying to force a warranty on me. When I bought my 2017 I had to tell the guy no for a good 15 minutes straight.

·
Registered
242 Posts
We had a particularly oily GM finance guy try to 'trick' us into one of these package (by implying there was no charge, until we spotted the actual charge in the final sign-off paperwork.) I was not amused with this tactic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You have to have them change the $10k miles to $12k. Otherwise, you will get problem when the lease ends.
This has to be done in written. Please.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my case I signed ZERO paperwork with 10k miles. I made him reprint everything with the correct milage before I signed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts