GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purdue student group is having Green Week at Purdue. Today was the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Expo. I had my Volt, others brought a plug-in Prius, and other Priuses, a S10 converted to electric with 26 lead acid batteries, hybrid Coca Cola truck, box truck, Lafayette city bus, Tesla S (wow), Acura, LNG pickups, a Cessna 172 by Swift Fuels (headquarters in Purdue Research Park), Purdue Solar Racing Team car, and various bicycles and mopeds converted to electric. Around forty vehicles on the Memorial Mall on campus right at the busiest spot for student and staff walking. I never got my lawn chair out, was there from 9:30 AM till 3:30 PM. Must have talked to fifty plus people. I'm glad I spent five hours cleaning and detailing the car, even under the hood it was spotless. Once they found out I was an owner and not a dealer (about half the cars were brought by local dealers), they would ask a lot more questions as I gave honest answers. This was very much fun for me, I got to talk to everyone else too, and a bit surprising how much college students did NOT know about the cars.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cool! Similar to my experience at the local Chevy dealer when they asked me to come and talk to people at Chevy's 100 year anniversery party. I talked to a lot of people and had a great time.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time and provided some good information. No doubt they were happier to talk to you than a dealer -- definitely no pressure! LOL

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I don't know that it's a good idea to start condoning the use of animals as transportation. The CO2 and methane emitted by livestock and domesticated animals... oh, wait.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
so much for a hoarse less carriage

Sound likes a nice event. And nothing better than shapeing tomorrow's leaders.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a link to our Green Week web page: "http://www.purdue.edu/sustainability/greenweek/index.htm".

It is an annual event, third or fourth year now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts