GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member of the forum and a new 2015 Volt owner so I thought I'd share my deal with the group.

I've been watching this forum and keeping an eye out on cars.com for a good Volt deal, and struck one with McDermott Chevy in New Haven CT yesterday. In fact, I took an Amtrak train up from Delaware, closed the deal and drove my new Volt home in a day (A very long day).

Here's my deal: List price $38,730 and they knocked $10,935 off that price to $27,795

I'm out of state so I'm handling my on documents, $96 fee for T-tag and handling

Delaware taxes will be $1,221 plus $150 title and tags

Total out the door including taxes: $29,262

The car was untitled in CT so I'll get an additional $7,500 off my federal taxes as a rebate (yes, I qualify for full rebate) and also $2,200 rebate from state of DE for a grand net total of $19,562 for a brand new 2015 Volt. A 50.50% discount off of the list price!

The new car manager told me he gave me an extra spiff because he needed one more volt sale before the end of the month to get over the monthly quota and get the dealer extra GM $$$

It's a great car and getting such a good deal makes it extra sweet! Looking at cars.com shows me that there are additional leftover 14's and 15's out there to be had, so get going before it's too late!

PS: McDermott Chevy has their act together, so don't hesitate to go there for any Chevy product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good find, DelawareVolt! Congrats! I have an agreed price on a new 2015 Demo with around 2K miles. Car has heated leather, Bose, NAV, Safety pkg 1, & all weather floor mats. Dealer agreed to $26,500. I got a PO (thanks to Bro1999) and will be able to get the full Fed tax credit.

I'm looking to squeeze every penny out of this transaction, but feel like this is a pretty good price. Anyone hear of a better deal on a new 2015, or think they still have room to sweeten the deal on this one?

We're at a standstill on my trade, however as they didn't offer me much (no surprise there, huh?). I have my current SUV listed on Craigslist and will bite on the Volt should it sell. If this new Volt doesn't work out, I'll probably pick up a used one in the spring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts