GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am looking to buy the GoPlug EVSE 32 amp. I did a search here to see if anyone has one and only 2 links pulled up but it was not a review. Just saying they use them. I just had a 50 amp breaker put in and the line ran to my garage. Does anyone have a first-hand review of this item? I'll leave a link below. It seems like it is a really good price for everything you get compared to the charge point or juice box.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Hello! I am looking to buy the GoPlug EVSE 32 amp. I did a search here to see if anyone has one and only 2 links pulled up but it was not a review. Just saying they use them. I just had a 50 amp breaker put in and the line ran to my garage. Does anyone have a first-hand review of this item? I'll leave a link below. It seems like it is a really good price for everything you get compared to the charge point or juice box.

I can't help you with a review, I use a Dousida EVSE on a 220 V line.
I'm curious...what gauge wire was installed for your 50 Amp line to your garage? Was it 6 gauge?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Not familiar with this brand. Are you planning on buying an EV or a vehicle that can charge at 240V and 32A? If you want a Level 2 EVSE capable of charging at up to 40A (when used on a 50A circuit) for about the same price check out this one: GRIZZL-E Level 2 EVSE

I have been charging at 32A using this AmazingE FAST 32A Level 2 EVSE from ClipperCreek: AmazingE FAST 32 EVSE

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not familiar with this brand. Are you planning on buying an EV or a vehicle that can charge at 240V and 32A? If you want a Level 2 EVSE capable of charging at up to 40A (when used on a 50A circuit) for about the same price check out this one: GRIZZL-E Level 2 EVSE

I have been charging at 32A using this AmazingE FAST 32A Level 2 EVSE from ClipperCreek: AmazingE FAST 32 EVSE
I have a 2017 volt and just like the look and the capabilities of this unit with the wifi under 500.00. Also Just planning for the future for another EV. Would Love it if wrangler came out w one.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
The web site in the link you provided does not show a photo of the unit. I am not familiar with Wrangler except for jeans, jeeps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts