GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying my last solo commute today. I'll be interested to see whether the green sticker expiration really reduces HOV lane traffic. Green.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I plan too find out on Monday 7th Jan in the SF Bay area. I just picked up a new 18 Premier, will apply for the new purple stickers once my registration arrives.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Trade your car for an identical out of state car with the proper emissions code and re-apply for 2 more years of HOV lane access

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking to buy a used out of state volt for a while. 2 things to watch out for a) Make sure the out of state volt wasn't originally registered in California b) make sure the Vin numbers are correct to qualify for HOV sticker.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Note that the HOV stickers application changed on January 1, 2019:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...d0-74ce63a147d6/reg1000.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

2019 Volt owners need to select "TZEV" for the exhaust standard and "Plug-in Hybrid (Q)" for the motive power.

Anyone get their purple stickers yet? I sent in my application on January 13th and the check hasn't been cashed, yet.

I don't know why the application has "SULEV" on it since there aren't any 2018/19 cars listed as such on the CARB website!

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you have an out of state vehicle and travel to CA , can you still use hov pants off you meet the same access vehicles as in state vehicles ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Only vehicles registered in California that have eligible stickers displayed can use the HOV carpool lanes with a single driver.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You don't get to use the HOV lanes to go to Disneyland.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Wally World too.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Is there a way to check the CA DMV for a specific set of stickers? I mailed my application and check in on January 9th and the check hasn't even been cashed, yet. My wife's car for which I got stickers in October 2018 too less than three weeks from the day I mailed in the application.

:(

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Checking in again - has anyone out there received purple CA HOV lane stickers? Trying to figure out if my application got lost in the mail, or if the DMV is just taking its sweet time.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,486 Posts
can you still use hov pants off you meet the same access vehicles as in state vehicles ?
I know you lefthanders are a little different, but if you insist on driving in CA with your pants off and you meet a state vehicle (as in CHP), you can expect to go to jail. Leave the kinky stuff in NV.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Blast, I mailed my check on Jan 18th. Still not cashed. Thanks for your update - I'll use your info as a guideline. Hopefully my check will be cashed any day now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts