GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I know the subject of Volt replacement tires has been done to death but I thought I'd throw one more onto the pile. After reading through the many tire posts here, I decided to replace my 2015 MY Volt tires with Continental TrueContacts. Strangely enough, the PureContact with EcoPlus technology (long names must sound more impressive!) tires came out second best to the TrueContact tires in regard to predicted MPG performance. Additionally, the TrueContact reputedly gives you better handling. I wanted to maximize EV range but also balance that priority against decent handling for emergency maneuvers.

So far I've only put about 300 miles on the Continental TrueContacts tires but I'm very satisfied. Happily, my EV range is about what I was getting with my original OEM Goodyear FuelMax tires that were pretty well worn. The car's handling is world's better. Sharp turn-in response and a feeling of confidence in sweeping onramps to the interstate. Tire noise is minimal also.

There was a $100 rebate through my local Chevy dealer here in Cleveland Ohio that I assume is a nationwide offer. That made it even sweeter.

Ray

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I have about 17K miles on my TrueContacts and have been super happy with them as well. Only question mark is how many miles they will last. Initial wear seemed a little higher than expected to me, but only time will tell. They have a 90K mile warranty, but no way will I see that kind of life. Still, half of that would be better than the OEMs, and is probably about where they will end up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have about 17K miles on my TrueContacts and have been super happy with them as well. Only question mark is how many miles they will last. Initial wear seemed a little higher than expected to me, but only time will tell. They have a 90K mile warranty, but no way will I see that kind of life. Still, half of that would be better than the OEMs, and is probably about where they will end up.
Continental say tire wear is non linear. When new the thicker tread squirms more which results in higher wear and lower efficiency.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm nearing 5,000 miles on TrueContact, replacing Michelin Premier, on one Volt. Both are better than the Fuel Max and I give the Conti to nod as my favorite - especially for how quiet they are. I'm thinking about the Conti's to replace my Bolt's Energy Savers too some day, because the Energy Savers sing like a sunday choir...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts